knacker40

hardwear:

6xCoirsair RGB 120 fans- think all ML120 Pros

Hydro CPU & XG7 XC7 GPU block

Commander Pro

XD5 pump Res

RGB lighting hub/node/things!

Aquaero 6XT- looking to replace if possible with the CP

As I am needing to control all said fans and pump via the CP, can I use a fan splitter so I have more than 1 fan on a channel? I would ideally like to have all 6 on a single channel as I do with the AE6 as prefer to use manual fan control rather than curve or PWM as the computer is mostly used for work but doubles as a gamer so will look to keep things basic when working but manually increase things when pushing it gaming wise.

Can the XD5 pump be controlled manually from the CP fan channel as again will be times when I would want to increase flow when gaming or benchmarking etc.

RGB- will I still need both RGB lighting node/hub/thingies for the fans and the GPU/CPU blocks- currently do work on the 2 channels but I cant daisychain the reservoir due to issues but might do if possible

The cp has 6 headers for fan control and 2 led control channels. With a Hydro x setup, fan header 6 is intended for the pump pwm control, and the remaining 5 for fans (you can use a splitter on one for your 6th fan, I have mine like that as well). You can manually control each fan, but on mine I've been using the default Hydro x fan profile and pump profile using the water temperature sensor included with the pump, and it's been great. Virtually silent even after hours of gaming. I don't think you can put all 6 fans on one connector, but there's no need to really as icue can easily control them on separate connectors anyway.

For leds you will need the rgb fan hub to control all 6 fans, plugged into one of the cp light channels, and the Hydro x components chained into the second light channel. If you need more than that you would need a lighting node pro for additional light channels.

You can use a fan splitter with up to 2 fans per header. 3 way splitters are not recommended. Keep it to 9 fans total or less.

The pump is PWM controlled and can be controlled from the Commander Pro.

Will you need a Lighting Node Pro? Depends on what you have. The HydroX devices should go on one channel and up to 6 fans or 6 strips can go on a second channel. Fans always need a Fan Hub. (See the RGB FAQ linked in my signature for more details)

Why can't you daisychain the reservoir?