Corsair Community

Can't change profiles in corsair Link

Staax

Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad english.

I'm using corsair Link for over a year now, never had an issue.

I switched from "Quiet" to "Performance" today cause it's very hot in France and the temp was going crazy.

The problem is that i can't go back to quiet, or a new profile or anything. The fans and the pump still spinning like crazy. Is there a solution to that ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Staax

Given the current heat wave, you likely are getting into a temperature range you are not accustomed to. Coolant temp will always be at least the same as the internal case ambient temperature. As the room temps slide up toward 30C, the case temps are going to be in the mid 30s with zero load. Compare that to the winter when you might start at 20C and peak at 30. You have to adjust your fan curves seasonally. Those presets are all based on a standard 20-23C room temperature and when you get substantially above that, it thinks you are in a strong load condition. Additionally, if you manage to hit 40C on the presets, this will trigger a maximum fan blast.

The solution is the use your own curve. For the moment, create one for the current ridiculous temperatures. Set a low and quiet speed for the coolant temperature you see when sitting on the desktop. This is probably going to be around 28-32C. 3-4C further down, start to ramp the fan speed up. You don't need to make it extreme. Just something tolerable. Since you can't reduce the coolant temperature below the case temperature, there is no need to blast them. Another option is to create a custom curve and use the fixed speed option. Set a quiet curve for the current temp, then if you are going to play or do work, set the fans to the highest fixed speed you can tolerate. That will get you the maximum cooling vs noise. Chances are you have a lot of house fans running fast as well and the PC fans will not be as noticeable.