Corsair Community

2 fans not participating in RGB effects?

Izvor

I have just build a new system in a Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB case. I have 4xLL120 fans (3 in front, 1 in the back) + 2xLL140 fans in the top. All are connected to the RGB controller and all have RGB lights.

But, when I set different RGB effects in the iCUE software, there are 2 fans in the front (#1 and #2), which does not participate in the RGB effects I set. All the other fans change correctly. I have tried swapping the fan connectors and it's always the fans in the commander slot #1 and #2 which does not work correctly. That means that the fans are working correctly.

What could be the problem?

Take a look here:

https://webinnovation.blob.core.windows.net/temp/fans.mov

I have selected "COLOR PULSE". I think it's only the lower of the 3 fans, which behaves correctly. The fan in the middle seems to do something in between. The other 3 fans not shown in the video behaves like the bottom one. It's always the same RGB hub port (not fan hub). All the RGB fans are on the same channel.

This is how it looks in iCUE:

icue.png

I replaced the Corsair Commander Pro, which was included with the cabinet, with a Corsair Lighting Node Pro. Now all the RGB fans connected works as expected.

I think the conclusion is that there is a hardware failure on the original Corsair Commander Pro.

Archived