Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM inconsistent color?

nctowle

I just installed some Vengeance RGB Pro RAM into my computer, and when changing the colors, I notice some very obvious inconsistencies with the colors I choose.

If I make the lights all white, some of the LEDs have specs of pink/orange/purple in them - they are all far from the same color. If I change the colors to be not white, it is somewhat less noticeable, but definitely stands out for certain colors.

Any fix for this? Thanks!

WKhijhr.jpg

• Corsair Employee
I just installed some Vengeance RGB Pro RAM into my computer, and when changing the colors, I notice some very obvious inconsistencies with the colors I choose.

If I make the lights all white, some of the LEDs have specs of pink/orange/purple in them - they are all far from the same color. If I change the colors to be not white, it is somewhat less noticeable, but definitely stands out for certain colors.

Any fix for this? Thanks!

WKhijhr.jpg

Is this a single kit?

Are you using other RGB/LED software?

Which version of iCUE and fw do you have?

Which motherboard and bios do you have?

Is this a single kit?

Are you using other RGB/LED software?

Which version of iCUE and fw do you have?

Which motherboard and bios do you have?

This is two 2x8 2666 kits. I understand that there is no guarantee they all work together, but the coloring between the sticks in the same kit is different, and the coloring is still off if I only use 1 kit.

I only use iCUE to change the color of my Corsair products, though I also have RGB Fusion, which I only use to control the MoBo lights.

iCUE is version 3.7.99 and I updated the RAM firmware as the first thing when I installed it yesterday.

I am using an Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 MoBo, with BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F8, 11/30/2017.

Does that help? Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
This is two 2x8 2666 kits. I understand that there is no guarantee they all work together, but the coloring between the sticks in the same kit is different, and the coloring is still off if I only use 1 kit.

I only use iCUE to change the color of my Corsair products, though I also have RGB Fusion, which I only use to control the MoBo lights.

iCUE is version 3.7.99 and I updated the RAM firmware as the first thing when I installed it yesterday.

I am using an Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 MoBo, with BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F8, 11/30/2017.

Does that help? Thanks!

Please only use one kit and fully uninstall RGB Fusion, if you still have issues do submit a ticket.

There is a slightly newer bios, so please give that one a try as well.

-Art

Please only use one kit and fully uninstall RGB Fusion, if you still have issues do submit a ticket.

There is a slightly newer bios, so please give that one a try as well.

-Art

Tried all of the above and the issue persists - I have created a ticket. Thanks!

Archived