Corsair Community

XxkingkaidxX

Had something similar last night. Two devices with firmware updates - tried to update, failed. Red triangles.

In my case there was an update to iCue available/pending which I installed and rebooted after which the device firmware updates went smoothly.

You could try that try restarting the icue service, or rebooting. Any or all might do the trick.

Had something similar last night. Two devices with firmware updates - tried to update, failed. Red triangles.

In my case there was an update to iCue available/pending which I installed and rebooted after which the device firmware updates went smoothly.

You could try that try restarting the icue service, or rebooting. Any or all might do the trick.

I have already checked for icue updates and rebooting and reinstalling icue and disabling and enabling again.

• Corsair Employee

First, locate the iCUE installation folders in Windows and delete them manually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Corsair

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

Then locate the various registry keys related to iCUE. These can be modified by opening the program RegEdit, which comes default in Windows. Just open your START menu on the bottom left of the screen, and type "Regedit". Then you need to delete these two folders:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair

That will generally get you around the error.

First, locate the iCUE installation folders in Windows and delete them manually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Corsair

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

Then locate the various registry keys related to iCUE. These can be modified by opening the program RegEdit, which comes default in Windows. Just open your START menu on the bottom left of the screen, and type "Regedit". Then you need to delete these two folders:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair

That will generally get you around the error.

I have tried that just now it still doesn't work.

Im having a similar issue, Icue doesn't seem to pick up either my keyboard or mouse on boot (sometimes one, sometimes the other, sometimes both). Unplugging them and plugging them back in seems to work (go figure). Firmware on both is up to date, Icue is up to date and I tried a reinstall which worked for 1 reboot, then it went back to hit or miss detection. K70RGB quickfire + Scimitar Pro RGB, Win10 Pro slow ring insider. Not sure if relevant but I'm also using a Corsair cooler H100i v2, which always gets detected properly but occasionally cranks everything to 100% for a short time when I boot, despite temps being well under the threshold set to do that. Edited by Nosimo

• Corsair Employee

The initial boot fan craziness is normal for hardware. It's just a quick test, and also like... an originating spin to get them all moving. Your GPU and PSU should do this as well.

Try turning off Start on System Startup in Settings in iCUE, and then open it manually after boot. Your issue definitely sounds like an enumeration error caused by too many programs accessing the USB reg at boot.

When I open icue I see a red triangle on my STRAFE keyboard and my M65 PRO RGB mouse I have tried the following:

Unplugging it

Restarting pc

Reinstalling icue

Updating keyboard and mouse in icue (Just says update failed)

Nothing worked

I have used both of these devices before on my old laptop and icue worked but it is not working on my new pc

Specs:

Windows edition: Windows 10 Home

Manufacturer: CyberPowerPC

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows Activation: Windows is activated

If you know how to fix this please tell me I can't do anything to my mice and keyboard.

Same problem after update for 3.13.94

Try to get Windows to renumerate the USB ports... i.e. move your mouse & keyboard to a different pair of USB ports. I had to to this yesterday with my K95 Platinum RGB keyboard (first time I've ever experienced the red triangle issue) and it fixed the issue.

NB. My pass-through port was working correctly as it hosts my M65 Pro RGB mouse which continued to work normally where-as the keyboard was not recognised in ICUE.

• 2 weeks later...
Try to get Windows to renumerate the USB ports... i.e. move your mouse & keyboard to a different pair of USB ports. I had to to this yesterday with my K95 Platinum RGB keyboard (first time I've ever experienced the red triangle issue) and it fixed the issue.

NB. My pass-through port was working correctly as it hosts my M65 Pro RGB mouse which continued to work normally where-as the keyboard was not recognised in ICUE.

Thanks it worked!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...