Corsair Community

Force GT 120 gb RAID 0 missing in bios

Maakep

Hi, I'd like to clarify this once and for all.

A few days ago i removed my monitor and keyboard from my computer and when i plugged them back in it told me to enter bios and fix the settings (By F1, entering BIOS or F2 setting default). I clicked F2 and it continued to say "reboot and select proper boot device after restart" which is where I am today.

My two Force GT 120 gb RAID 0 are missing from BIOS but are shown in one of the screens during boot. (http://i.imgur.com/RtROwrV.jpg)

I've tried leaving them plugged out for a while and then trying again but the same result.

I've tried resetting BIOS with the clr cmos button provided.

I get one beep when i start the computer and one beep when it realizes there is no bootable device.

Will reinstalling windows/trying to format them help? I'm guessing they wont show up there either. I'm running windows on my 2 RAID 0 SSDs and I've got 2 1TB HDDs for storage.

I found the other threads not having exacly the same information as me so I made a specific. I've read this to be a somewhat common bug(?) in the SandForce controller SSDs. Is there nothing I can do about it?

Suggestions and help are more than welcome, I'm in a tight spot with a lot of school work coming up.

Not sure I can help, but the fact that the drives show up in the boot sequence only means that the drive hardware has been found. The boot drive most likely has a corrupted boot loader and windows.

If you check my postings here...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=691235&postcount=20

Your problem sounds pretty much the same thing that happened to my GTX. For some reason the SSD trashed the boot sector and windows partition. It was a gnarly job to fix it and you could try a reinstall of windows.

That may work, but any data on the SSDs will have gone so I hope you have *daily* backups. If not, now would be a good time to do some research on Image Backup software. I use Clonezilla. It is Linux based and pretty simple to use with just the defaults.

I have two other SSDs and each day I make a full image of the Corsair to one of those. I rotate those two backup SSDs so I never write over the last image. If something breaks, I can either swap the image SSD into the laptop or use Clonezilla to restore the Corsair.

Not a lot of help, but this seems to be an issue with the Corsairs at about 6-months out from new. Having said that, I am using the Corsair I wrote about in that thread link above and so far so good. Tempting fate I know. :eek:

SandForce-based SSDs performed extremely well from the get go. Unfortunately, there were some bugs early on that caused instability in SSD drives that used the SandForce controllers, which was practically everybody.

I’ve had the Corsair Force 3-SandForce SF-2281 running in my primary system for over two months now, and have not experienced a single stutter, hang, crash or blue screen. I also haven’t experienced any issues .

Archived