Corsair Community

H100i Platinum RGB - USB Disconnects

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought this cooler (h100i rgb platinum) and I have a constant flickering issue as well as the usb disconnect sound if I leave it on rainbow spiral. This is pretty unacceptable for such a pricey item. I am running it through a commander pro so I thought I wouldn't have the same issues. :( Hopefully this thread gets more attention. :mad:

I just bought this cooler (h100i rgb platinum) and I have a constant flickering issue as well as the usb disconnect sound if I leave it on rainbow spiral. This is pretty unacceptable for such a pricey item. I am running it through a commander pro so I thought I wouldn't have the same issues. :( Hopefully this thread gets more attention. :mad:
Try the workaround in my signature for now. At least that way you can use Hardware RGB effects without having disconnects.

It should be possible to pick up an internal USB splitter cable for like £1.50 or $2 on ebay. If someone is willing to try one of those and report back with their findings that would be awesome.

I've got one of these sitting on the floor beside my new H100i RGB Platinum ready to go in in the next few days. https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub I currently have zero free USB headers on my mobo and have to replace my current H100 cooler and add in a CoPro and Lighting Hub and this thing is how I'm proposing to solve it.

I'll report back.

Sal

I recently bought these "Cablecc 9pin USB 2.0 Header 1 to 2/4 Female Extension Cable HUB Connector Adapter's" from Amazon and they work. Got an H115i Plat, the 3x ML fan kit and the front headers plugged into these splitters. Unfortunately, I am still getting disconnects. It is really unfortunate that a brand new product has such a big bug... The adapters are shrink wrapped green and blue.

oeEuAeBh.jpg

I recently bought these "Cablecc 9pin USB 2.0 Header 1 to 2/4 Female Extension Cable HUB Connector Adapter's" from Amazon and they work. Got an H115i Plat, the 3x ML fan kit and the front headers plugged into these splitters. Unfortunately, I am still getting disconnects. It is really unfortunate that a brand new product has such a big bug... The adapters are shrink wrapped green and blue.

I would be careful with using them ... they may actually cause issues. Essentially, they are 1 => 4 port unpowered hubs (assuming that those headers have a full 2 ports each). Because they are unpowered, anything that uses power from the USB power line will be limited ... you're limited to 500mA across 4 ports.

I would be careful with using them ... they may actually cause issues. Essentially, they are 1 => 4 port unpowered hubs (assuming that those headers have a full 2 ports each). Because they are unpowered, anything that uses power from the USB power line will be limited ... you're limited to 500mA across 4 ports.

So I bought the NZXT Internal USB hub. Still getting disconnection problems. The RGB's on the pump head have not been working either. Are these things going to get fixed or am I going to have to return the Hydro and 3 pack of fans I bought?? I don't want workarounds I want a definitive firmware/software update to end all problems.

Will it also fix the RGB lights not working on the pump head? I currently run the RGB cables to the Lighting Node, Do I need the fans' RGB cables plugged into it for the pump lights to work?

Lighting on the pump head should work now. As to why yours isn't - hard to say. We have seen several folks with issues related to their SATA connector. Did you get rid of the splitters? Does the fan lighting work from the pump?

Will it also fix the RGB lights not working on the pump head? I currently run the RGB cables to the Lighting Node, Do I need the fans' RGB cables plugged into it for the pump lights to work?
No, you don't need to have RGB cables plugged into the cooler for the RGB lighting on the Cooler to work. The cables will only provide the RGB Lighting for the fans, but if you don't use them or have them connected to an RGB Fan Hub, it doesn't matter. Double-check all your cable connections. Maybe move the SATA connection to a different SATA connector or even PSU cable if possible.

Did you try a different Micro-USB cable (you can just use something like a phone charger cable and connect it to an outside USB port or the regular USB ports on the NZXT hub)? In case the cable doesn't work right.

You could also try deleting all your lighting effects on all your devices, set Hardware Lighting to a different effect, reboot then set the lighting again to your preference and see if it works then. Doing a clean install of iCue might help as well. If nothing helps, there might be some sort of Hardware defect, in which case you might want to contact Corsair Support.

Edited by Glzmo

Lighting on the pump head should work now. As to why yours isn't - hard to say. We have seen several folks with issues related to their SATA connector. Did you get rid of the splitters? Does the fan lighting work from the pump?

I'll double check the sata connection is tight. I got rid of those splitters in favor of the NZXT hub. Everything originally worked when first installed it. Pump head LEDs and the Fan LEDs. I will take another look at it tonight.

No, you don't need to have RGB cables plugged into the cooler for the RGB lighting on the Cooler to work. The cables will only provide the RGB Lighting for the fans, but if you don't use them or have them connected to an RGB Fan Hub, it doesn't matter.

Did you try a different Micro-USB cable (you can just use something like a phone charger cable and connect it to an outside USB port or the regular USB ports on the NZXT hub)? In case the cable doesn't work right.

You could also try deleting all your lighting effects on all your devices, set Hardware Lighting to a different effect, reboot then set the lighting again to your preference and see if it works then. Doing a clean install of iCue might help as well. If nothing helps, there might be some sort of Hardware defect, in which case you might want to contact Corsair Support.

Thanks for these tips. I'll have to do some troubleshooting tonight. Frustrating that I have to...

Hi All,

New to this forums but i thought i would throw my 2c in here as well.

I was also/am experiencing the problem relating to the inital post and the link cable was plugged directly into the motherboard USB header.

I have since removed this link cable and replaced it with a cable that plugs directly into the USB ports in the rear of the motherboard and the issue has been resolved and everything is behaving as expected.

Devbiker has mentioned that there should be an update in the coming weeks but if it does not resolve it, this could solve the issue in the mean time. Currently my side panel is off as it was a trial but i will make the cable management nicer if the patch does not work.

I got h100i platinum in my new build also, experiencing the same flickering problem and constantly dis/re-connecting. Every time I plug in a USB device, the problem appears immediately.

Already update every driver/software possible, the problem still exist.

I just sent a message to Corsair James to see if I can jump on the BETA software that seems to fix this issue.

My fans for my H100i Platinum (I just received a new one from the recent recall btw) don't stop spinning no matter what profile/custom fan curve I use until the USB disconnect sound occurs in Windows 10.

My temps seem good for an OC 5GHz 8700K (40-41C idle). I tried re-seating the cooler, the USB cable, confirmed the 3 pin connector is on the CPU_FAN header, set my ASUS BIOS fan control to DC mode, disabled ASUS iSuite from running on startup... Still no changes.

It must have been the upgraded software because this never happened until I actually updated it seems. I guess I can try buying another micro USB angled cable to connect to a USB port and see if that works in case the next software update doesn't fix the issue.

Edited by jservs7

Hello! So... I also bought this cooler 3 weeks ago. I am having MASSIVE issues. USB disconnecting, fan profiles not working, fans ramping up to full and down again every 30 sec on idle, light is flickering, and so on. For a 150 dollar cooler this is pretty horrible. At this point I am gonna try to return this cooler and go for an uncomplicated Noctua instead..

Soo.... CORSAIR iCUE v3.15.101 was released 05/02/2019... Did NOT fix the problem. This is pretty unacceptable. Why are we paying 150 dollars to be beta testers for an unfinished product?

Soo.... CORSAIR iCUE v3.15.101 was released 05/02/2019... Did NOT fix the problem. This is pretty unacceptable. Why are we paying 150 dollars to be beta testers for an unfinished product?

Given you are having more problems than most (more than just disconnects) can you please list out what motherboard you are using along with how you have the cooler connected (i.e. Plugged directly into the motherboard or into a hub of some sort). What other software are you running along with iCUE (other MB software or hardware reporting programs if any). Would be a lot easier to help you trouble shoot your system.

I don't know where you heard that. 3.15.101 is public now - you can get it through the in-app updater. This helps with many of the disconnect issues. See the release notes here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187220.

And, for the record, Corsair James is the guy that would handle early beta builds. Yes, I'm on the Customer Beta team but I don't work for Corsair and I do not and will not distribute any betas that we are working with on the team.

Im having a similiar issue, but with h115i platinum. I don't get any rgb anymore after i tried to update the firmware. It only gave me an error when i did. so with that it caused the fans to go around full speed. It keeps disconnecting over and over. Nothing at all during the time it's recognized by my pc iCUE doesn't show it. Having the fans going full speed its really getting to my nerves. Tried using a older version of iCUE but the issue remained. I connected the cooler to the usb on the back aswell but that didn't help. I would really appreciate if someone comes up with a solution.