Corsair Community

Anyone have the dark rock pro 3 cpu cooler in the 200r case ?

Daytraders

Anyone have the dark rock pro 3 cpu cooler in the 200r case ?, i know corsair says distance for cooler is 160mm, but i reckon this cooler may still fit in case, i have the side windowed version, cheers

Dimensions of the cooler is: 163 mm x 137 mm x 150 mm

I suspect we have different mountings (2011-3), but I measure exactly 169mm from the base layer of the motherboard to the tip of the bolts protruding from the end of the cooler on the window side. Hopefully, that will tell you whether or not you can close the side back up.

If you have the case, you could measure from the motherboard mounting stud in the middle and then add another 2mm to that number. It's also a relatively popular air tower and so someone else on here may have that combination of Dark Rock 3 and 200r.

No, that would be hard to do accurately. However, since the motherboards are all ATX spec, if you find the solid post that goes through the motherboard "hole", you can measure 169+2mm toward the side door. The 2 is slightly more than the 1.xxx mm the board will sit down on the post. It is roughly in the right center of where the board will mount and just slightly right and below where the CPU socket will be. It represents the bottom level of the Dark Rock after mounting.

I think you will be fine. I didn't find a picture of a DR3 in a 200r, but I did find one the Phanteks TC-14pe which is a larger cooler by 7 mm in that direction. A more thorough search might turn up something. Obviously, you are going to loose your top, side fan no matter what you choose. Hopefully, you can keep the low one without having to go outside the box.

On a side note, everything you read about the installation is true. I took me a careful 2 hours of trying to figure out how to fit my large hands and tiny wrench in, around, and under that thing. Definitely pays to watch a few installation videos before attempting this one. On the plus side, it looks fantastic and is completely inaudible at 12 inches with 900 rpm on the fans -- and that's through a window.

Archived