Corsair Community

How to setup my system

fallenlordbr

Hello Guys!

Im upgrading my computer, and Im not sure all the corsair hubs I have will be sufficient. Im going for the case Lian Li 011 xl. Already have 4 x LL 120mm rgb (cannot find anymore in my country), 1 x commander pro, 1 commander hub, 1 x lighning node pro. I want to buy 2 x corsair QL rgb 140mm and 3 x corsair QL 120mm rgb fan (separately, Brazil doesnt have packs right now). My mobo is gygabyte z390 aorus ultra, and it has 2 usb 2.0 header (internal). Do I need to buy another hub/commander pro for my new setting? Thanks!

PS: Intend to put 2 QL rgb on my Kraken X62, 3 QL 120 in bottom for visuals (LL doesnt have 2 way rgb), and LL on side and back.

Edited by fallenlordbr

The QL multipacks (2x140 and 3x120) will each come with a Lighting Node Core. That is the old “RGB lighting hub” and controller in one package. It will connect to the system via usb 2 and not the RGB channels on the Commander. I am guessing you will put the LL on top + 1 rear, with the QL bottom and side. All 5 QL can run on the same Core device 1-5.

For speed control, you can probably get away with 7 on the Commander if the 2x140 are on an AIO with fan controller. If not, you likely want to find a powered PWM fan hub to connect into the Commander for one bank of three fans.

Wont be able to buy in packs, Brazil is in shortage of pc parts right now. I will buy each fan separately. Intend to put 2 QL rgb on my Kraken X62, 3 QL 120 in bottom for visuals (LL doesnt have 2 way rgb), and LL on side and back. Edited by fallenlordbr