Corsair Community

iCue glitch with H100i RGB Platnium

995Unknown

I have recently upgraded to liquid cooling for the first time and it is great, however I'm having an issue with either the iCue software or the cooler itself.

I have set a profile for the cooler, the RGB reflects the coolant temperature and set a custom fan curve. The issue is, every now and then the coolant temp dips to 0 or jumps to 100 for a moment. This causes fan spin-up for a moment as well as a momentary reset of the RGB profile. What the RGB does is it turns off entirely for a split sec, then turns on to color wave, then back to my set profile.

The temperature spikes are visible in HWiNFO64 as seen on the screenshot.

uWufyvK.pngfXTn1LD.png

This seems to happen whether the CPU is under load or not. I am not sure if this is an issue with the iCue software or the hardware. Could someone shed some light on the issue, please? I've already reattached all cables, trust me, nothing is loose.

Edited by 995Unknown

This most likely is when HWiNFO and iCUE are trying to poll the device at the same time. There isn't an actual drop in temp or speed, just the reporting. This is also why it is recommended you either don't run both programs at the same time or use the "portbale" version of HWiNFO and exclude all Corsair iCUE polled devices from HWiNFO monitoring.

If the Platinum is your only device and you prefer HWiNFO, it is likely better to not run iCUE at all. The cooler will run your lighting and fan control curve without the software running. The control curve is saved to the device the moment you set it.

Edited by c-attack

• 3 weeks later...
This most likely is when HWiNFO and iCUE are trying to poll the device at the same time. There isn't an actual drop in temp or speed, just the reporting. This is also why it is recommended you either don't run both programs at the same time or use the "portbale" version of HWiNFO and exclude all Corsair iCUE polled devices from HWiNFO monitoring.

If the Platinum is your only device and you prefer HWiNFO, it is likely better to not run iCUE at all. The cooler will run you lighting and fan control curve without the software running. The control curve is saved to the device the moment you set it.

Sorry, took me a hot second to reply... Yes, you were correct. iCue and HWiNFO64 were clashing when polling the sensor, as soon as i close either iCue or HWiNFO, the fluctuations stop. Thanks for the tip!