Corsair Community

Question on Hydro Series Cooler and Lighting Node Pro

benyapzl

Okay, I am so confuse over which AIO CPU Cooler to choose.

In Corsair product page for AIO Cooler, I see iCUE-CONTROLLED LIQUID COOLERS and DUAL RADIATOR LIQUID COOLERS.

I am looking for a 240mm radiator that comes with RGB Fans, as i am using Crystal Series 280X Case that comes with LL 120 fans and lightning node pro with RGB Fan Hub.

Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Based on my research, the above 2 product comes with RGB Fans am i right? If so, what is the difference between the 2? From what i see the SE is white in color whereas the other is black.

And can this RGB Fan be connected to my lightning node pro? Or i have to connect it to the pump USB and then to the 2.0 header. If i am not wrong, my motherboard has only 1 2.0 header and its already been used for my lightning node pro which come pre installed with the case.

Besides the obvious white/black color differences, the SE will come with white high-speed LL fans. The black will come with high speed ML-RGB fans. If you are looking for white anyway, matching the LL radiator fan with those in your case may have strong appeal. Both coolers have their own lighting controller and can act independently from the rest of the case, but most would prefer to connect the RGB from the radiator fans with the others in the case so they act in sequence or as one unit.

You might also find more information in the Cooling and iCUE sections. Like a lot of Corsair stuff, the names are stunningly similar and overlap. Hydro X is the custom cooling program vs "Hydro" which is the AIO product line.

Thank you so much for your reply. Anyway my case is black, I doubt it suits the white haha.

So I should get this Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler? The fan provided is LL120 fan right? Because my case default fan is the LL120.

Also, you meant I could connect the fan to my lightning node. And the pump I connect to USB header?

The pump will connect to the USB 2 on the MB no matter what. That is how you control the pump, lighting, and fans.

Only the white SE version will come with the LL.

The standard black Platinum coolers come with high speed ML-RGB fans.

If you want LL, you need to get the white SE. If this is a black case and you want black, you might better off looking at the H100i XT. This is the same cooler without RGB fans, then you get 2 more LL black on your own.

The pump will connect to the USB 2 on the MB no matter what. That is how you control the pump, lighting, and fans.

Only the white SE version will come with the LL.

The standard black Platinum coolers come with high speed ML-RGB fans.

If you want LL, you need to get the white SE. If this is a black case and you want black, you might better off looking at the H100i XT. This is the same cooler without RGB fans, then you get 2 more LL black on your own.

Hmm, then can i use ML RGB fans together with my default LL 120 fans? How much difference will it be in terms of better looking wise?

I also read abit that ML fans are better than LL fans in term of cooling.. am i right/.

A ML fan with its flatter and wider blade is a better fan for radiators. However, the difference is going to be small. You probably have at most about 100W to dissipate on your CPU, so there really isn't going to be any meaningful change. Maybe 1C. If this was a single pane 120mm radiator or you were using it to cool a 300W GPU, that would increase the differences.

As for the aesthetics of the two fans, I'll leave that you. Lots of pictures about. A ML has 4 exposed inner ring LEDs. It casts 1/4 circle sections of light. The LL has 16 LEDs, 4 covered on the inner ring and 12 on the outer. The LL fans also have a higher number of preset effects which you have already seen on yours.

Both Platinum coolers have an onboard lighting controller that can control its two fans. So if you get the black standard version, its two ML-RGB fans will connect to the AIO and you change settings from there. However, the two ML and two LL will act as separate lighting channels. If you get the white SE, you can connect the two LL fans to the cooler's lighting controller, but most likely you would want to put them at fans 3 and 4 on your existing RGB Lighting Hub. These fans will act in sequence 1-4 for their lighting effects.

If you put the 2 ML on the 3 and 4 slots and then set the controller to "LL fans 3", the last 2 ML will act like 1/2 of an LL fan. The effects will go through those two very rapidly. For your set-up, I think this is the least desirable option, but it does work.

A ML fan with its flatter and wider blade is a better fan for radiators. However, the difference is going to be small. You probably have at most about 100W to dissipate on your CPU, so there really isn't going to be any meaningful change. Maybe 1C. If this was a single pane 120mm radiator or you were using it to cool a 300W GPU, that would increase the differences.

As for the aesthetics of the two fans, I'll leave that you. Lots of pictures about. A ML has 4 exposed inner ring LEDs. It casts 1/4 circle sections of light. The LL has 16 LEDs, 4 covered on the inner ring and 12 on the outer. The LL fans also have a higher number of preset effects which you have already seen on yours.

Both Platinum coolers have an onboard lighting controller that can control its two fans. So if you get the black standard version, its two ML-RGB fans will connect to the AIO and you change settings from there. However, the two ML and two LL will act as separate lighting channels. If you get the white SE, you can connect the two LL fans to the cooler's lighting controller, but most likely you would want to put them at fans 3 and 4 on your existing RGB Lighting Hub. These fans will act in sequence 1-4 for their lighting effects.

If you put the 2 ML on the 3 and 4 slots and then set the controller to "LL fans 3", the last 2 ML will act like 1/2 of an LL fan. The effects will go through those two very rapidly. For your set-up, I think this is the least desirable option, but it does work.

Oh Man... that’s a tough decision. I saw some videos online, the lights run from the front fan to the top and to the back, and then a rgb led strip will light up. And the sequence goes again. I want to achieve that pattern though..

Which I guess I must connect it to the same channel of the RGB fan hub so it will run in sequence..

How should my fans be connected in order to achieve this sequential light? (See video at 0.09 seconds. It runs from the keyboard to mouse pad to the fan and back again..

Let’s say in my case, the TOP radiator fan, should I connect it to the lightning node pro or if I connect it to the pump fans, I can achieve this sequence ?

[ame]

[/ame]