Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.0.57 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.0.57.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.0.57, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Changelog:

• Support for software-driven lighting effects on RGB products added.
  • Support for upcoming RGB-enabled products.
  • Support for Vengeance LED and RGB DRAM on AMD X399 chipset.
  • Fine adjustment of custom fan curves using arrow keys.
  • Manual firmware update from local files.
  • Minor UI fixes/improvements.

Bug Fixes:

• AMD Ryzen processors now show the correct temperature.

Known Issues:

• Some users may experience intermittent “driver unsigned” issue when installing Corsair Link.
  • Custom fan curves may experience dip to 0 RPM.
  • Vengeance LED/RGB DRAM is not recognized on motherboards with Intel non-Z or X chipsets.
  • Updating Lighting Node PRO firmware will fail on AMD-based systems if Lighting Node PRO is connected to Commander PRO USB hub

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I have both CL 4.9.0.57 and SIV active at the same time SIV is unable to report the CLCP fan speeds and I suspect this is down to CL 4.9.0.57 failing to correctly use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex named mutex to interlock access :mad:

Below you can see that both CL 4.9.0.57 + SIV are reporting incorrect information for my 2 x CLCP.

OK, I have known this was likely to happen since Wed 14-Jun-2017 @ 23:12, but the CL 4.9.0.57 release notes totally fail to mention this planned regression when they should do :p:.

Note you will also get the same issue if you use AIDA64 or HWiNFO to report your CLCP :bigeyes:.

None of the issues I raised in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=920210 seem to have been addressed :(:.

Some users may experience intermittent “driver unsigned” issue when installing Corsair Link.

This is reported as a error code 52 error in Device Manager and I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=917533 which specified what I think is the root cause of the issue.

If Windows Device Manager reports an error code 52 for your Asetek cooler or AXi PSU I recommend using the correctly signed Corsair drivers I attached to:

1. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=856104 (Asetek coolers).
  2. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888388 (AXi PSUs).

attachment.php?attachmentid=31245&stc=1&d=1506503735

attachment.php?attachmentid=31246&stc=1&d=1506503764

1996692545_CL4.9.0.57CL4.thumb.png.19b6539df96dad4d70a6cc6a3cb83db8.png

757323612_CL4.9.0.57SIV.thumb.png.6c7d3ccbbc205ded687fd290caf8fdb5.png

I just updated to this latest corsair link version as well as updated my commander pro to the latest firmware. My issue is that if corsair link is not running, the LED strip lights default back to their rainbow profile. Before these software and firmware updates, I was able to set my LED lights, and exit out of corsair link and the commander pro would remember the last used LED profile. I was able to turn on my computer without link running at startup and my LEDs would say as previously set. However, now when I turn on my computer, the LED lights are the default rainbow and when I go to start link manually, the LEDs switch to the profile I have set. Did one of these updates break this feature? It was nice to have the LED profile set and remembered by the commander pro without link running at startup or in the background.

I installed Corsair Link v4.9.0.57 and now power reporting for my Corsair AX1200i PSU is broken. In Corsair Link it shows a constant 151 W in and 132 W out (when my UPS is reporting 108 W total being fed to the PSU).

In SIV it shows 148 W in and 128.984 W out to the system.

EDIT: This update messed up something with my AX1200i temporarily. It reported strange values (as above) and wouldn't let the machine sleep or power off anymore. I cut power and unplugged the PSU and let it sit for a minute, and then plugged it all back in, powered up, and now it works properly - reports correct values and properly sleeps and powers off.

I just updated to this latest corsair link version as well as updated my commander pro to the latest firmware. My issue is that if corsair link is not running, the LED strip lights default back to their rainbow profile. Before these software and firmware updates, I was able to set my LED lights, and exit out of corsair link and the commander pro would remember the last used LED profile. I was able to turn on my computer without link running at startup and my LEDs would say as previously set. However, now when I turn on my computer, the LED lights are the default rainbow and when I go to start link manually, the LEDs switch to the profile I have set. Did one of these updates break this feature? It was nice to have the LED profile set and remembered by the commander pro without link running at startup or in the background.

+1 rainbow led issue w/corsair commander pro. This version of corsair link also had the failed corsair usbxp driver signature for my h115i.

The 4.8 versions of Corsair Link were giving me "Time Measurement Data Not Available" messages in 3DMark. None of the 4.7 versions were.

I just installed 4.9.0.57 ran Time Spy and Fire Strike a few times with all valid runs.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/22372351

Thanks for that Corsair and I assume the CUE/Link conflict is still fixed in this version. Now if only Link didn't double count my case and CPU fans and report my cores as 2-5 instead of 1-4, I'd be a happy camper. Link 4.5.055 had none of the double/wrong fan counting issues. Any way to get the right fan counts from 4.5.055 into the latest versions of Link?

PS: look at that 10337 Time Spy graphic score on this Asus 1080 TI GPU at stock. Please Corsair - get Link software working properly with Asus products ( ie my Asus MB).

+1 to this. Exact setup.

When shutting the system off or powering on, it's defaulting to the rainbow LED's instead of remember the last setting.

Reverting back to 4.8.2.1 fixes the LED issue, so seems the Commander Pro FW update is ok?

This new version of Link is badly broken for me.

Only 2 of the 6 fans are detected from my commander pro, none of the temperature probes connected to the pro are picked up.

4 of the fans are HD120s, and the 2 that are detected are HD120s.

The LED channels connected to the pro seem to be fine.

I've reverted to version 4.8.3.8, but with the newer 0.3.153 commander pro firmware all seems to be fine again.

Corsair Link can't dettect my V115I, on device manager it shows error 52 on Corsair USBXp Driver. Can this be fixed?

Yeah, you can download older signed drivers from Red-Ray's post linked below. It's the only work around I know other than reverting to a previous version that was signed on your system.

hydros7289-3.6.zip

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=856104

As my Title says Setup fails for Corsair LINK Installer v4.9.0.57

(see attached image)

also tried

Corsair LINK Installer v4.8.3.8

Corsair LINK Installer v4.8.2.1

Corsair LINK Installer v4.8.0.82

skipped v4.7.0.77 since i know it totally screws up on my setup

so only way for me is going back to

Corsair LINK Installer v4.6.0.86 _ installation works

hOJzju0.jpg

wtf ?!?

a file named like this nowhere to be found on my whole system.

(CLink4Setup.msi)

manually unpacking the "Corsair LINK Installer v4.9.0.57.exe"

only spills out weird named files (0,u[0-31])

Will corsair ever be able to provide a working piece of software?

Not even installation works ?!? That really such a hard task?

gettin' frustrated, next cooling solution will def be whatever else than corsair !

Does anyone know how to actually set the lights up like they are when link is not running? I have 6 HD120 and a lighting node pro with 4 strips and when link is not running the rainbow effect flows through all the fans together instead of being a ring on each. Also the color from the strips is more vibrant, like there is more in between colors between the main colors to spread it out more.

This probably isn't the correct thread, but I've been looking for more information on this -- does anyone know when LINK 4 will be merged with CUE 3? This sort of thing was demoed at Computex and I've heard nothing about it since.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY58MkLjU7k]here[/ame]

I can't be the only one waiting for or wondering about this?

This new version of Link is badly broken for me.

Only 2 of the 6 fans are detected from my commander pro, none of the temperature probes connected to the pro are picked up.

4 of the fans are HD120s, and the 2 that are detected are HD120s.

The LED channels connected to the pro seem to be fine.

I've reverted to version 4.8.3.8, but with the newer 0.3.153 commander pro firmware all seems to be fine again.

This seems to be caused by a newly introduced conflict with HWiNFO64.

As soon as I exit HWiNFO and restart Link it picks up everything from the commander pro correctly.

As I mentioned this issue only started for me with Link version 4.9.0.57.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 and I just updated HWiNFO to version 558 (I was previously on 556), but the conflict still persists.

I use HWiNFO together with RTSS for an in game OSD.

This seems to be caused by a newly introduced conflict with HWiNFO64.

Yes it is. This version has broken the required interlocks required to operate in tandem with other monitoring programs like HWINFO and SIV. See this post.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=921287

When I have both CL 4.9.0.57 and SIV active at the same time SIV is unable to report the CLCP fan speeds and I suspect this is down to CL 4.9.0.57 failing to correctly use the Global\CorsairLinkReadWriteGuardMutex named mutex to interlock access :mad:

Below you can see that both CL 4.9.0.57 + SIV are reporting incorrect information for my 2 x CLCP.

OK, I have known this was likely to happen since Wed 14-Jun-2017 @ 23:12, but the CL 4.9.0.57 release notes totally fail to mention this planned regression when they should do :p:.

Note you will also get the same issue if you use AIDA64 or HWiNFO to report your CLCP :bigeyes:.

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.0.57.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.0.57, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Corsaid LINK 4.9.0.57

Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.632

H115i not detected; suspected due to driver digital signature problem.

Detailed description can be seen from the attachments below because a picture paints a thousand words.

Untitled-1.jpg.7acb7ba369ad9cb6acf67cb4429cf835.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg.dd1545883654c56c44a7d97bbbadd5c0.jpg

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.05bd1ffa8850b558af08834562f810cb.jpg

Untitled-4.thumb.jpg.dec14ecea4777cca2550a7263090f5e0.jpg

Untitled-5.thumb.jpg.b594b7941cc923d384e2c1f823176a81.jpg

Archived