Corsair Community

Force 3 Suddenly Not Detected

shriganesh

Hi,

I have been using my Force 3 120 GB SSD for about 2 years without any issues. But I resumed my PC from sleep today, only to find that the BIOS wasn't detecting my SSD! Other drives are being detected correctly.

I remember updating to latest firmware some 3 days ago. I am not sure if this had caused the issue as I'd restarted twice and hibernated-resumed 3 or 4 times in between!

Please help me! I've tried swapping ports, cables and power cables. Nothing seems to be helping. I also tried plugging it in another PC, which didn't detect too!

One symptom is that when the SSD is plugged in, the PC is taking longer to boot. The initial POST takes approx 10 secs extra to boot. Can this be recovered?

If it's not being detected in the BIOS after trying different ports, cables and another computer. It may not be able to be recovered.

What you can try is a USB dock to see if it can get detected in Windows.

Also check the purchase date, if its still under three years from purchase date, request an RMA to replace the drive. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase.

The chance of recovering data may be low as we do not know what caused the SSD to stop being detected.

One thing you could try is to gently push the SATA data cable downwards and see if it detects the SSD or push it up gently as it may be loose solder connections. By gently, do NOT put too much force on the SATA headers as you risk breaking the connections.

Archived