Corsair Community

Original Corsair One PSU Replacement

devonsteele

Hey Everyone,

It looks like my power supply is bad (and/or to weak) and I am trying to find a new one. It looks like in my computer it is the sf400 model which they do not make anymore.

I am assuming I could get the "newer" SF450? Is there a stronger one that I can get thats more like 600 or 750 watts? Does it matter which model I get as long as the size of the unit fits in the case?

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You can swap out the original PSW with a Corsair 750 SFX. I have recently gutted my i7-7700k Pro system and upgraded everything.

would you be willing to provide any tips or tricks or tutorials? its looking like im going to have to swap the PSU out of my 8700k 1080ti system and i am not looking forward to it

• Corsair Employee

SF600 or SF750 would be solid off the shelf replacements for the PSU we provide in the older Corsair ONE models. We do not officially support such upgrades though, but there may be tear down guides online that could serve as a reference. The PSU is buried pretty deep in the system on the CPU/motherboard side of the enclosure.

There'll be quite a few cables in the way, thankfully we use essentially the same layout for our SF-series parts so you wouldn't run into issues with cable length on the new PSU.