Corsair Community

High CPU Load - Light Flicker and Loop

Johnny_B500

Hey guys,

I'm just trying to troubleshoot an issue I discovered last night when using Abobe Lightroom/Photoshop.

I noticed that when I apply load to the CPU while editing or exporting, on my LL120's (4 x case, 2 x AIO, RGB connected via NoPro), H100i Pro, Vengeance Pro and K70 Mk.II keyboard, the RGB lighting flickers for a millisecond and then quickly restarts the lighting effect loop from the beginning (Rainbow Wave and Spiral were tested).

Now; I did notice this quite late last night so I didn't do a lot of troubleshooting and initially thought it was caused by GPU load but that didn't seem to be the case. I would say for certain that it is related to CPU load. I also didn't notice this the day before when I was stress testing with Prime95 but I wasn't directly working in front of the PC like I was last night.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or could it potentially be software, SATA power draw related or something else? Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers - John

Edited by Johnny_B500

• 4 months later...

I have (almost) the same issue. I only have some Corsair RGB strips with the Node Pro (latest firmware) and the latest Icue software. When hitting full CPU usage, the RGB patterns are starting to stutter.

Did check on PSU (Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W) and on my system that should be more then adequate.

I have (almost) the same issue. I only have some Corsair RGB strips with the Node Pro (latest firmware) and the latest Icue software. When hitting full CPU usage, the RGB patterns are starting to stutter.

Did check on PSU (Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 750W) and on my system that should be more then adequate.

Unfortunately, I didn't find a solution to this. It seems to somehow starve power to the NodePro when under high CPU load. Saying that, it only ever does this to me when using Adobe products (never when gaming). My work around to stop the lighting reset was to use a more static color profile when using Adobe products (this is actually fine in my case as I don't want flashing RGB when editing anyway).

In your case, does it do it consistently, regardless of application? Are you using any SATA hubs or splitters?

In my case it is with certain programs I use. One of them is Mandelbulber, a 3D fractal program. Most of the time I render with my GPU and all is fine. But certain settings can only be done with CPU renders and then 100% of CPU is used and the stutter appears.

With most other applications (including gaming) my GPU is used and there is no stutter.

The Node Pro is attached to a sata power cable where also 2 SSD's are attached. But when I render, the SSD's are not use at all.

But it indeed looks like a power issue. When I close all Corsair services and iCue, it falls back to it's hardware setting. And then also the stutter is there.

So, all in all not a major problem. Just a bit strange :)