Corsair Community

I Need help with Icue and my water cooler

Jay2ayy

So basically I have the h100i pro, it used to work fine, I was able to control it with Icue. It's pretty much on and off after Icue updates sometimes it shows up and sometimes it does not. After the most recent update It will not show up in Icue at all. I have did all the trouble shooting and read the FAQ nothing worked or helped. I have been using this water cooler since November 2018 and I have had this problem the entire time.Sometimes things work for like a month then they go back to the same old story. I am not using any kind of hardware Monitor or anything like that. This problem has grown to be very exhausting . The cooler does not show in device manager or USBdeview, I get the message "Device Descriptor Request Failed". I have uninstalled and reinstalled Icue and residual files, numerous times. My guess is this is related to the" Corsair USBXp Driver" which does't show up for me. uninstalling and reinstalling Icue did not reactive the driver. I also cannot update, it doesn't look like the computer recognized the device at all. The fans spin, but i cannot control the device. I am not confident it is properly cooling my PC. If anyone has a solution please help, as of right now i cannot control my cooler at all. I'm probably going to call customer service tomorrow or when i get the chance.

The cooler does have a default mode that will properly cool the PC, so not to worry there. It won't be ideal or optimized for your needs ... but it'll work. You can validate this by watching the CPU temperature.

The other issue is more ... problematic. You can try to use a standard micro USB cable run to your rear IO as a troubleshooting step. Also, make sure that Fast Boot is disabled in the BIOS, XHCI is enabled and that Windows Fast Startup is disabled (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup). And make sure that your chipset driver is updated. You can also try to manually install the driver from the iCUE install folder - you'll see a folder called "Drivers" in there.