Corsair Community

How does the Darkcore RGB work?

Godryc

Hi Godryc,

You have to download and install the iCUE app, as that will allow you to assign keystrokes / functions to any button you want. Please see the help article below:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027751872-Assigning-Mouse-Buttons-with-iCUE

Yes, I have icue installed.

But how does it work and why do my Corsair RGB fans which are plugged into a CORE Node turn on and off each time I click the profile switch instead of, you know, switching the mouse profile like it is supposed to??

Or are you telling me that nothing is programmed by default and that whatever it says in the ad for the mouse is not really programmed to begin with and the consumer will need to set all that up manually and with no instructions?

• Corsair Employee

Hi Godryc,

The Profile Switch button switches the currently selected profile in iCUE, which would affect EVERY iCUE device, not just the mouse.

In terms of programming this specifically, you should open a ticket directly with support -- they will be able to help you get things set up in a manner more similar to what you are looking for, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be nice if Corsair could make it work out of the box. It is ridiculous that I have to read the entire icue manual and/ or open a ticket with support just to get a stupid mouse to work. Edited by Godryc