Corsair Community

Is there a way to run iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX AIOs without included Commander Core?

Blackworms

Asking because my 500D SE RGB is nearly full of cables on back side and there's literally no meaningful place for another box.

I don't actually get the reasoning for this change as well. There should have been a way for existing Commander Pro users to directly connect the cooler but it seems like there's no other option from the pictures. Commander Core is alone nearly as big as a Commander Pro as well. Now we have RGB hubs, Lighting Nodes, a Commander Pro plus Commander Core? Why do we need the Core version when we have Commander Pro though?

How many boxes we will have in our cases? It's out of control sadly. Is there any way, like an adapter/cable to convert the new cable into something compatible with Commander Pro?

• Corsair Employee

Hi Blackworms,

Thanks for your questions as it lets us help clear things up. Since the iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX AIOs utilize a new standard connection, the Commander Pro will not be compatible. The Commander CORE also addresses the concern of too many "boxes" by removing the need for an additional LED fan hub and helps simplify the routing of wires. It is worth noting that lighting strips cannot be connected to the Commander CORE.

Hi Blackworms,

Thanks for your questions as it lets us help clear things up. Since the iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX AIOs utilize a new standard connection, the Commander Pro will not be compatible. The Commander CORE also addresses the concern of too many "boxes" by removing the need for an additional LED fan hub and helps simplify the routing of wires. It is worth noting that lighting strips cannot be connected to the Commander CORE.

Out of curiosity before I purchase a new iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, will I be able to replace the stock fans on it and connect 6 of the QL12 RGB's to the new Commander CORE?

Will it be able to run the all 34 LED's in each fan correctly so that i can really tidy up my install?

I ideally just want this cooler and 6 QL120's running all off the Commander core as that enough RGB for me :D:

Regards,

• Corsair Employee
Out of curiosity before I purchase a new iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, will I be able to replace the stock fans on it and connect 6 of the QL12 RGB's to the new Commander CORE?

Yes, it does! Once you plug them in, the Commander CORE will automatically detect them and allow you to adjust them in iCUE.

Yes, it does! Once you plug them in, the Commander CORE will automatically detect them and allow you to adjust them in iCUE.

Thank you:D:, I'm in the process of building my first PC so this info has removed so of the confusion and also rats nest of wiring that I thought I was going to end up with too :sunglasse

quick question to ask on this. Does it means that if i get the iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler. i can do without the Commander pro? i will be able to run 4 additional QL fans on top of the 2 from the radiator from the commander core? only downside is that i cant add led strips?

• 2 months later...

Will it be able to run the all 34 LED's in each fan correctly so that i can really tidy up my install?

I ideally just want this cooler and 6 QL120's running all off the Commander core as that enough RGB for me :D:

Regards,

i have 6 HD120 RGB fans on mine, and they work GREAT !!!

matter of fact !

ALL 12 of my fans are Corsair HD120 !!:sunglasse

only downfall for this ole boy is when i play farcry 5 my Rad & CPU lights dont light up !

already chatted with Corsair about it bout reckon i will have to wait & see if they make a firmware update !

Edited by SaTxCowboy
add more txt

quick question to ask on this. Does it means that if i get the iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler. i can do without the Commander pro? i will be able to run 4 additional QL fans on top of the 2 from the radiator from the commander core? only downside is that i cant add led strips?

joeysiew ALL ELITE CAPELLIX come with the commander core !!!

and they ALL have a 6x6 connection

6 for RGB and 6 for fan, as far as i can tell (and been told) no sir...no strips.

on the other end of the commander core is for a temp sensor.:sunglasse