Corsair Community

New SSD Toobox - Overprovision Size Mismatch

elbubi

Hello to Corsair staff (and unoficial support too).

I have one question, I recently updated SSDToolbox to newer version (v1.1, not listed on specific thread btw), and this is what I get regarding overprovision size. Please consider I have overprovisioned my drive months ago to 5GB size.

v1.0

http://i.imgur.com/8qRICvQ.jpg

v1.1

http://i.imgur.com/5C92rN2.jpg

Older version says my current overprovision size is 5GB while newer version states its size is 13GB.

Which one telling the truth? Any explanation to this mismatch?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance for your support!

Your drive is factory overprovisioned, that's why it's a 120GB drive and not a 128GB drive. You have OPd 5GB and the factory OP is 8GB for a total of 13GB.

The first version of the toolbox did not recognize the factory OP.

Just curious, why have you added 5GB of OP to a drive that has 8GB of factory OP?

Thanks YB for your inmediate and satisfing answer.

I OPd 5GB cause honestly I didn't know it was already factory opd, and reading about op benefits, I decided to commit 5GB to that destiny.

Is it worthy to add another 5GB or the factory 8GB is enough?

Kind regards once again!

The stickies at the top of the forum will always have the newest version of the software.

I tought that, but this is not the case with Toolbox, the two links on that stickye refers to older version (1.0), both direct link and the one found on the forum link.

Kind Regards.

• 1 month later...

Hello Technobeard, Yellowbeard,

could you also update the sticky from "SSD Firmware Update" sub-forum ?

the link

It might be a good idea to keep the link to v1.0 (not to replace the link). Version v1.1 introduced not only the new features but also some (quite stupid) bugs.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for catching that, I had forgotten to update the link inside the sticky. ::pirate::

While you're at it, could you release a version of Toolbox that will run on OS X? Or at least an OS X firmware update utility?

Archived