Corsair Community

Corsair H100i GTX Pump Rattle Noise

me9atr0n

I have a brand new Corsair H100i GTX making an annoying rattle. Doesn't seem to be the fans, definitely coming from the pump. I made a short video, you can hear the sound get louder the closer I get to the pump. Is this a case for RMA?

**edit** I originally thought this was in Quiet Mode, but after figuring out the Corsair Link software, this is in fact Performance Mode. It is dead silent in Quiet Mode, the noise only happens in Performance Mode. However, should I be alarmed about this noise that it makes in Performance Mode?

[ame]

[/ame]

Ok, I'll give that a try. Am I correct in assuming that I should disable any speed throttling on the pump header? Like Asus Q Fan control? Also, should I be powering the 2 fans with the cables coming out of the pump? Or would it be better to plug them into motherboard headers?

Ok, I have updated my pc specs. Most importantly, my motherboard is an Asus Z97-Pro. I have tried switching the pump cable to the CPU_OPT header, and it still makes the same noise. But now I notice that in the Corsair Link software, it only shows that one of the 2 radiator fans are spinning, even though they both definitely are, so in that regard it was working better before, while plugged into the CPU_FAN header.

While doing other troubleshooting steps, I unplugged all fans to eliminate any other noise sources, and the rattle still remains from the pump. This can't be how this is supposed to sound, I would expect that a liquid cooling system on "quiet" mode should be completely silent. Should I just assume that this one is defective and get an RMA? Will they ship me a new one before I send the broken one back, so I don't have to be without a CPU cooler?

Wow, so I feel really dumb. I just didn't know how to use the Corsair Link software properly. I was clicking the task tray icon and selecting Quiet Mode there, thinking that was putting my whole system in Quiet Mode. But I noticed that my pump was constantly running at 2900 RPM, never changing. So it turns out that selecting Quiet Mode on the task tray icon only changes the speed of the 2 radiator fans. Now I see that you have to click on the pump and go to configuration and select Quiet specifically for the pump, which dropped the RPM to around 1800, and shut that rattle sound up completely. Now I can't hear a thing!

So my question now, is that a normal sound for Performance mode? Should I be worried about any potential failures?

Ok, thank you for the responses. I'm going to try it for a few weeks and see if I have any more issues.

Just wondering, is there a chance that older H100i GTX's would have had issues that were cleared up on newer revisions of H100i GTX's? Because I bought this cooler from Best Buy, and I assume that they don't sell very many of these, so maybe it could have been sitting on a shelf for a very long time. I'd hate to RMA it if this is normal, and a replacement does the same thing. But judging from the videos I've seen on youtube, mine seems to sound worse, it's definitely annoying in person.

Archived