Corsair Community

Neutron GTX 240 GB Speed Problem

fabzster

Hi

I just purchased the above mention drive, I installed WIN 8 on it and then decided to go back to WIN 7. when installing WIN7 I decided to format from within the WIN 7 setup.

Everything is up and running, but When using ATTO my speeds dont seem to be on par with what the drive is capable of. I was getting around 250 Mb/sec Write and 350 Mb/sec Read using the following settings:

• Transfer Size: 1024.0
  • Overlapped I/O
  • Que Depth: 4
  • Total Length: 256 Mb

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 with the Latest F6 BIOS, the drive is plugged into one of the SATA3 GSATA ports and AHCI has been set on this controller before WIN 7 Install.

I would love to know what to check or try to get this drive to perform like it should, as currently I am not really that impressed with it and I paid a premium for it.

Is there also a way to verify that the drive is using SATA3 (I would suppose it is indicated in the speed) ? and ACHI is functioning properly?

What should I do?

I would really appreciate the assistance.

• 7 months later...

Even on the Intel controller the 120GB GTX I have shows the same quirk at various queue depths, and it's always with 1024kb transfer sizes, all the ones around it are fine. It makes for some interesting ATTO graphs on occasion. I suspect the firmware just isn't optimized for that transfer size. (Just like those below 4K)

Edit: On the new M310 firmware 1024kb transfers are fixed for me. Use the new SSD Tool to update your drives firmware and give it another try.

Archived