The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:26 PM
..AlLkNoWinG..
..AlLkNoWinG..'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 651456
..AlLkNoWinG.. Reputation: 10

The Tool wont allow you to update if your trying to update Drives currently built in Raid. Like any other tool FW update tools will not allow you to update FW unless its a single DUT.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:55 PM

POST ID # = 651573
LuckyDuck69 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec_V20 View Post
LuckyDuck,

how long has it been since you reinstalled Windows?
Yeah, I totally agree. And today was the 8th time I've reisntalled Windows in the past 2 weeks. I used the Corsair recommended Linux based wiping tool each time.

So here's something that's interesting... and by interesting I mean really screwed up to the point I almost cried while laughing. I flashed to the new M310 firmware, right? Did a fresh install of windows after wiping again. My speeds dropped in AHCI mode. Write speeds dropped to 194 MB/s and 203 MB/s. Read speeds dropped to 498 MB/s and 507 MB/s.

I'm done with Corsair SSDs. Completely. My Samsung 840 Pros arrived today from Newegg. I'm sticking with them. I'll just use these Neutron GTX drives in an internet build or something.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in and tried to contribute. Best of luck to all of you.