Corsair Community

Well my problem is that i want to have 16 fans in the front of my corsair 1000D series so 4fans on each side of the two 480 radiators in the front but i dont want to have the back of the fans visible on either of the sides and i want my build to look cool without sacrificing performance.

So My question is if its possible to Change the rotation of the fan so it spins backwards or if its even better with airflow from both front and rear of the radiator.

My guess is that its not so smart to make air flow in from both sides as it would cancel eachother out (can someone confirm or deny this)

No, it is inadvisable to try and blow air through opposing sides of the radiator. It will work out as you would expect -- badly and with strange fan noises. There is no way to reverse the blade direction on any PC fan I know of. The only way to make your situation work without dropping one side or the other is a fan that is identical on both sides. The HD fans are pretty close, but I don't think you want to buy 16 new fans.

If your 1000D is sideways orientated (since you apparently can see the back of the front radiators), you might consider other flow patterns. Depending on your other hardware, you could try front exhaust with rear intake and the top either way depending on what's up there.

No, it is inadvisable to try and blow air through opposing sides of the radiator. It will work out as you would expect -- badly and with strange fan noises. There is no way to reverse the blade direction on any PC fan I know of. The only way to make your situation work without dropping one side or the other is a fan that is identical on both sides. The HD fans are pretty close, but I don't think you want to buy 16 new fans.

If your 1000D is sideways orientated (since you apparently can see the back of the front radiators), you might consider other flow patterns. Depending on your other hardware, you could try front exhaust with rear intake and the top either way depending on what's up there.

ahh well 16new fans isnt gonna happen and it would be 21new fans as i have a 360 rad with 3 fans in the top and 2 120 fans in the back aswell. but ill see what looks best with in or out in the front.

I am sure the 480s on the front are part of a custom loop. Is the 360mm on the top part of the same system? Or do you have dual flow systems?

If it's all one coolant stream, you might try rear/top intake and front exhaust. More heat would be coming off the dual 480s than a single 360mm. It might be better for heat management and aesthetics, although highly dependent on your viewing position.

I am sure the 480s on the front are part of a custom loop. Is the 360mm on the top part of the same system? Or do you have dual flow systems?

If it's all one coolant stream, you might try rear/top intake and front exhaust. More heat would be coming off the dual 480s than a single 360mm. It might be better for heat management and aesthetics, although highly dependent on your viewing position.

Currently the plan is to have the pc in the corner on my desk with the front and side visible so i think i will go with intake in the front and out in the back and top and see how it handles and switch the fans around if its not good enought cooling.

And the fan orientation is no problem as i will rarely even see the 8 fans inside the case in the front.

but i have a well ventilated room aswell so it will probably be okey.

And on this video [ame]

[/ame]

from this time i saw now that the fans is actually mounted in the way im thinking but he have the HD fans instead of the LL fans. and if i dont like the look of it ill see if i can return all fans and replace them with the HD fans even tho i like the look of LL more.

Edit: And yes i have one loop and was thinking to put the two in the front after the GPUs and then the CPU and after that the smaller one in the top.

Edited by Alpha_Knugen

In my 570x i went LL on front and HD on the inside... didnt turn out to bad imho..

http://i.imgur.com/FsC8BEsl.png

http://i.imgur.com/VQBMUlel.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gr4qeoDl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Inj5rW4l.jpg

that could work for me aswell but i will wait and see how it looks first and i just sold my two 1080s so i will be gaming on a GT 710 untill i can get this new one up and running. #Feelsbadman. atleast i got like 800 dollars for them.

And i might be able to spray paint the back of the fan white to make it less visible when its lighted up.