Corsair Community

USB throughput issues with storage devices

Lemodile

Hey all.

For a while now I've had a K70 Rapidfire and while I'm very pleased with it there is one issue I would love a solution for. One of the great features this keyboard has is a USB throughput that basically relays one USB slot from my computer case to the back of the keyboard for easy access.

In most cases this works brilliantly. I can charge my phone, or hook up a mouse. What I can't seem to do is to get devices with internal storage - such as a smartphone or camera to actually connect their storages to my PC through this port. The phone (a samsung S3) only charges, while the camera (Sony DSC-HX60) attempts to connect and then tells me to check my PC for issues. This happens both when I use MTP or the legacy "Mass storage" option on either device. Using the same cable I'm able to operate these devices without problems when connecting directly to the PC, leading me to blame the keyboard.

Obviously the problem can easily be worked around but since it really limits the use of what I really considered a USP for the K70 I would like a solution nonetheless. I hope to hear from you.

Kind regards

I have K70 LUX and the same phone Galaxy S3. I don't have any camera to check but i also pluged 2 different pendrives and everything worked fine for me. I could open and copy any files from internal memory of the phone and external SD card and both pendrives. I'm not sure if the problem is Rapidfire dependant and working fine on LUX or it's just your keyboard broken. I think you can make a ticket and ask a support what they think about it.

Archived