Corsair Community

HX750i - fan issue or not?

spacedyemeerkat

Bought a 750i last week to replace my 650, installed with no problem.

I'd pressed the fan test button after installing but couldn't hear anything so thought the button might be faulty. It powered the PC fine so I checked the PSU using iCue (already installed). It was reporting the PSU as being about 30 degrees ©, no fan activity. Continued to monitor while testing some games and the highest the temperature rose to was 35.

Here's the thing: the fan never came on once according to the monitoring graph, this with the standard fan curve in iCue which appears to state it should kick-in on 40% at about 20C. I tried pushing it up to 100% at 20 to see if the fan would come on but nothing.

At that point, I raised a ticket with Scan. In the meantime, I took another look at the test button while looking (instead of just listening!) at the fan. Turned out it was indeed spinning under test, absolutely silently. Brilliant :D:

Here's the thing: I'm genuinely not sure whether it should be RMA'd or not. Scan replied after my update saying there's probably nothing wrong with it. I'd be fine with this if I could see evidence of the fan spinning under a custom curve but it doesn't appear to happen.

I'd rather not RMA, to be honest; I just need to be fairly sure there's no issue.

What do you think, Corsair gurus?

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for replying. I can't see an option to do that outside of changing it to a fixed percentage. I've just tried that at 100% although I can't see a way to 'apply' it so I assume it changes 'live'. Anyway, nothing happens.

Yes. That''s where you turn on the fan. You can have the starting RPM anywhere from 40% to 100%. If you set that and the fan still doesn't spin, make sure there isn't something blocking the fan.

Yes. That''s where you turn on the fan. You can have the starting RPM anywhere from 40% to 100%. If you set that and the fan still doesn't spin, make sure there isn't something blocking the fan.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Nothing blocking the fan, still works when pressing the 'test' button. RMA arranged.

So, in iCUE, when you set the fan speed, you have to apply it by clicking on the fan tile in the middle of the screen.

Well, would you Adam and Eve it?! It works!

I had NO idea you had to click on the fan title to get it working on a custom profile.

So, here's a question: under default conditions, at what temperature does the fan come on? It's not come on at all yet, according to the monitoring graph (aside from when I just activated it).

I will now cancel the RMA. Again, thank you so much for your help.

I have ( amongst others ) an RM750i and I very rarely see the fan come on.

I know this is correct because from time to time I have monitored the loading in iCEU.

The HX is even more efficient so honestly I would not normally expect to see the fan running at all. Even with moderate game playing.