Corsair Community

Whats the difference between?

robandcathy

• Corsair Employee
You need to see what port you have the Cooler connected to but it should be connected to CPU_FAN and if you have the fans connected to the Cooler you cannot change the fan speed. You can however set the Fan speed in the profile you set in Corsair Link but anything you change in the BIOS will not change any setting for the Cooler as it gets its power directly from the PSU.

You need to see what port you have the Cooler connected to but it should be connected to CPU_FAN and if you have the fans connected to the Cooler you cannot change the fan speed. You can however set the Fan speed in the profile you set i Corsair Link but anything you change in the BIOS will not change any setting for the Cooler as it gets its power directly from the PSU.

That brings up an interesting question. Does the BIOS settings for the CPU fan speed have any bearing on the Link? I understand that the BIOS settings cannot control the H100 fan speeds since they are powered via the Molex plug on the H100

But could the BIOS CPU fan settings somehow be interfering with the Link working properly?

Just a thought. Has this been tested thoroughly?

You need to see what port you have the Cooler connected to but it should be connected to CPU_FAN and if you have the fans connected to the Cooler you cannot change the fan speed. You can however set the Fan speed in the profile you set i Corsair Link but anything you change in the BIOS will not change any setting for the Cooler as it gets its power directly from the PSU.

I do not have cooler hooked up to cpu fan, and still can change the fan speed via dashboard, but only the corsair fans.

I do not have cooler hooked up to cpu fan, and still can change the fan speed via dashboard, but only the corsair fans.

The correct installation is to have the small three pin plug on the H100 plugged into the CPU header on the motherboard. I think this is to keep your computer from freaking out and thinking there is no fan on the CPU.

Anyone else have an idea?

That brings up an interesting question. Does the BIOS settings for the CPU fan speed have any bearing on the Link? I understand that the BIOS settings cannot control the H100 fan speeds since they are powered via the Molex plug on the H100

But could the BIOS CPU fan settings somehow be interfering with the Link working properly?

Just a thought. Has this been tested thoroughly?

The BIOS settings only apply to the fan headers on the MB itself. Corsair Link only takes 12v from the PSU itself and is not effected at all by the MB settings. the one piece of the puzzle that does plug back into the MB is H80/H100 tach output. That was done to try to eliminate the "CPU Fan Error" message on most MB's and does not affect the pump speed at all.

Archived