Corsair Community

k55 corsair keyboard # key not working

So I have a K55 keyboard and alot of the Shift + functions are not working correctly. When i try to get a hashtag it puts in the Pounds (money) symbol, same thing with @ symbol, it comes up as ".

Any help would be great, i have tried looking online can't see any fixes, i have also had a look through the CUE and cant find a fix.

Cheers

• Corsair Employee

Just to be clear it's the the number row paired with the shift key that aren't producing anything? Can you try a soft reset on the keyboard itself? Unplug the keyboard from the computer hold down the F4 and FN key, plug the keyboard back in and release the two keys after 15 seconds and let the keyboard reinitialize.

If you are still having issues create a support ticket and a technical support agent will be able to further assist you.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

***POSSIBLE SOLUTION***

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I unplug my k55 rgb keyboard and mouse (both came in a bundle) whenever I am not using them (usually at night). Keyboard and mouse seem to work perfectly fine ever since I started doing this.

Small backstory:

I had the same issue ever since day one with the k55 rgb keyboard. I had given up on it. But recently I think I may have found a solution, although it won't be a good solution to some. I have a 2-in-1 laptop which I fold into a tablet and leave leaning on a shelf as if it were a book so that I can use an external monitor, keyboard (k55) and mouse. Both of the keyboard and mouse are connected via a USB Multi Port (Link at the bottom). This USB Multi Port allows me to switch on and off on any of the four provided ports. Naturally, I switch off the ports corresponding to my keyboard and mouse. I've been doing this for 2 days and it hasn't failed me. I know 2 days doesn't sound like much, but my keyboard would't work properly on the first day. It obviously is a major improvement for it to be working properly for 2 days straight, and I do use my laptop for hours.

USB Multi Port - https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UM43/dp/B00JX1ZS5O/ref=sr_1_3?crid=DBEHTM20S2V2&dchild=1&keywords=multi+usb+port+for+computer&qid=1586114741&sprefix=muslti+usb%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-3

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...