Corsair Community

A few questions about Corsair Link

5teviewonders

Hi. I'm considering purchasing the Corsair Link Cooling Kit but i'd first like to know a few things. I have done a bit of research but as the software is updated there's a chance that things have changed.

Is it possible for Corsair link to shut off fans or run them at 0 RPM? I'd like to have a few fans that only operate when the system has really heated up.

Can Corsair Link read the temperature from the motherboard sensor and use that as a parameter? My motherboard is the hottest component in my system and it would be useful to be able to define fan speed based on this temperature.

No mate, i'm referring to my motherboard. Currently my cpu is at 30C, gpu 40C and motherboard 45C. After doing a bit more research i've now decided to get an Aquaero 5 instead which is much more versatile and allows me to do the tasks i enquired about in this thread.

• Corsair Employee
Is it possible for Corsair link to shut off fans or run them at 0 RPM? I'd like to have a few fans that only operate when the system has really heated up.

A: No not at this time. Sorry!

Can Corsair Link read the temperature from the motherboard sensor and use that as a parameter? My motherboard is the hottest component in my system and it would be useful to be able to define fan speed based on this temperature.

A: Yes to some extent, with the use of the included temp sensors with the Link and lighting Kit you can monitor the temps in the supplied sensors.

But it will not monitor MB and or chipset Temps at this time, only CPU & GPU Temp. The desktop app will look something like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=12656&stc=1&d=1368143413

MainpgClink.PNG.449f2f8e089b362fbe3b1cb5d82647de.PNG

Thanks for your reply. I very much look forward to further development of the Corsair Link. It looks a very promising product. It seems to be based on the Aquaero and T-Balancer controllers which have been around for years so it seems odd that it can't support these features. I will most likely buy the Aquaero 5 instead which is a shame because i'd rather have the continued development and reliability that i expect from a big company like Corsair.

Archived