Corsair Community

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9, faulty module?

Azziej

Hello everyone,

Got the following new setup, installed it 3 days ago.. Everything was working fine up until today when i had to take out one of the memory modules. With all four it wouldn't even start up to the post screen. I took one of the four out and now it's starting up perfectly.

So i got the following setup:

Motherboard: ASRock Extreme6/GB, socket 2011

Processor: i7-3820, 3.60GHz

memory: Corsair DDR3-1600 16gb, CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

power supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 775 watts

So i bought 16gigs, but now running on 12gig and that ofcourse is unacceptable so if anybody could help me with this problem that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Azziej

Just removing one module does not prove it's faulty or that it is the meory's fault. I would be more inclined to believe this is a MB issue . But before we come to that conclusion, lets do some more troubleshooting.

1)Do you have the latest BIOS for your MB? BIOS updates often add improved memory compatibility.

2) Did you load set-up defaults and enable the XMP profile?

3) If you have not already, test each stick in the same slot with Memtest86+. There is a link on the left for the download and instructions on how to use it. Let each stick run for about 3 passes or until you get an error.

If they all pass in the first slot test the sticks or at least a stick that passed previously in the remaining slots to make sure you do not have a slot issue.

Let us know how you make out and we can go from there!

Archived