Corsair Community

iCue Constant Crashing

tparty

This is horrible software. This has happened the last 3 versions.

I posted previously here - https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200665&page=2

Same error occurring. I have reinstalled, removed all folders and registry entries. I deleted the plugins folder. I do not have CPUZ.

Anyone else willing to take a stab?

Also, why would I ever buy Corsair again? If I hadn't bought my h100i pro so recently and had the $$$ I'd throw this in the trash and move on. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

To recap, here's my event log:

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.35.152.0, time stamp: 0x5f9acffd

Faulting module name: iCUE.dll, version: 3.35.152.0, time stamp: 0x5f9acfad

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x025788c2

Faulting process id: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c044787c7141

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.dll

Report Id: 5db2a57c-07b2-4ff4-8da4-c8d6aaa22fa3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

It logs 2 or 3 of these when I try to launch the program. The services appear to run fine.

Hi folks I noticed something strange, I own the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB

the iCue software sometimes makes windows idle and when I open an application the blue circle stays looped, I went to the icue software and noticed that the icue is reading the fans, io pump, and even the psu but they're different brands like evga and thermaltake, maybe that could be a problem why the idle, if corsair is not compatible with sync rgb then why is reading other brands rpm, temp and even volts outside Corsair?

(Sorry about my english, spanish is my primary language just in case I mispeled or put words the wrong way from ussual) Cheers!

You may need to start a new thread to attract more views based on your specific issue, which seems slightly different than mine.

In general though, if by "makes windows idle" you mean it's freezing/hanging, your iCue may be crashing. To fix mine, as noted above, I had to reinstall Windows 10 (media creation tool, keep apps/files) to resolve. I also had ran an sfc scan before doing the repair, but I'm sure the reinstall of Windows is what fixed it.