Corsair Community

Nexus stopped working after 5mins

Flipkaan

Hello,

Today finnaly i received my Nexus, but already was dissapointed with it after 5 minutes. I plugged the Nexus in to my keyboard (K95), it showed the Corsair logo. But in icue after I did the firmware update I could not change nor add the screen widgets also the were none standard widgets in icue shown, and the screen kept black after the update. I tried restarting my computer and icue, also tried switching to antoher usb slot, but after that the screen keeps black and my computer doesn't recognize it as USB device.

ICUE version 3.33.246

Edited by Flipkaan

When I took it out the box, plugged straight into the K95 keyboard, with the passtrough cable directly connected to my motherboard (also tried to change the passtrough cable on other ports on the motherboard), all good showed the Corsair logo. After the update the screen went black but still the backlit of the screen was on. Now even connected in the keyboard or straight into a usb port on the motherboard, Windows wont even recognice it or play that sound when you connect a USB device.

I'm just going to contact the supplier i got it from and get my money back, ridiculous i have to pay 100 euro and wait 3 months to ship for something that doesn't work straight out the box and already malfunctions after using it 5 minutes, and not even a decent troubleshoot guide on the internet.

Edit: i had the same exact problem the first 5mins in iCue as this post: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1058874 -->> nexus.png file in this post. I also forgot to mention that when i plugged it in for the first time it showed an error on my screen and suddensly it opened the run command?

Motherboard i'm using is MSI MEG Z390 ACE

Edited by Flipkaan

Update,

I contacted the supplier where i bought the Nexus from. They told me they could not replace the Nexus under warranty as they said in the email it was my own fault i broke the Nexus because i did the firmware update trough the iCue software. As i see on this forum i'm not the only person who have this same problems.

So... Apparently whe you do a firmware update your warranty is voided. I send them another angry email, now they are willing to check my Nexus 'with a proviso' (not sure if this is correct spelled', in Dutch it is 'Onder voorbehoud'. So which means i can return it to them and they still can say it's not under warranty when they checked it, if they can prove it's my fault.

• Corsair Employee
Update,

I contacted the supplier where i bought the Nexus from. They told me they could not replace the Nexus under warranty as they said in the email it was my own fault i broke the Nexus because i did the firmware update trough the iCue software. As i see on this forum i'm not the only person who have this same problems.

So... Apparently whe you do a firmware update your warranty is voided. I send them another angry email, now they are willing to check my Nexus 'with a proviso' (not sure if this is correct spelled', in Dutch it is 'Onder voorbehoud'. So which means i can return it to them and they still can say it's not under warranty when they checked it, if they can prove it's my fault.

Which retailer did you purchase this unit from? The manufacturer warranty is not void if you experience an issue after performing a FW update through iCUE. Sounds like it might be faster and easier for you to contact our internal support team as I mentioned before. Link below for reference:

https://support.corsair.com/

Yesterday i also contacted Corsair RMA. As these people from Alternate are imho not treating me correct.

Alternate send me another email: (Google Translate)

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I have to inform you that we do not offer a warranty on the software of products. Firmware updates for a product are optional and not required for a product to function. Performing such an update is always at your own risk and, if a problem causes the update, may adversely affect the operation of the product.

For that reason, I regret to inform you that we can no longer handle the reported problem under warranty. Warranty does not apply to software problems.

• Corsair Employee

Thank you for sending that information over. I'll follow up with our regional sales team for more clarification as I'm not entirely sure if their policies differ.

You should receive an update from our Support staff shortly if you haven't already. We can take care of you through our internal RMA process. Let me know if you have any other issues.

• Corsair Employee
Yesterday i also contacted Corsair RMA. As these people from Alternate are imho not treating me correct.

Alternate send me another email: (Google Translate)

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I have to inform you that we do not offer a warranty on the software of products. Firmware updates for a product are optional and not required for a product to function. Performing such an update is always at your own risk and, if a problem causes the update, may adversely affect the operation of the product.

For that reason, I regret to inform you that we can no longer handle the reported problem under warranty. Warranty does not apply to software problems.

Got an update for you, I reached out to sales and they talked to Alternate. You should receive a response from Alternate about processing the RMA directly through them. Can you also send me your ticket number for Technical Support so there is no confusion or duplicate processing?

Thank you Nick for the help! I already have made a ticket on Corsair RMA (2003633783) on november 10th, but as i speak have not received any answer. Today I received another email from Alternate and they checked this forum post and they told me they were contacted by Corsair regarding this case. Now they are willing to give me my money back and provide me a free shipping label to return the Nexus to them.

• 1 month later...

Next time, just communicate following to Alternate or any other manufacturer:

"I installed the product using the intructions and it does not work."

Never mention:

Firmware update.

In european law, the retailer has to prove you are wrong. And when you say "it did not work out of the box" it was "DOA" they never have any case against it.