Corsair Community

RGB Cable too short on LL120 fan in 500D setup

ZeusyZeus

Hello everyone,

I read online someone having a similar issue with no resolve so I’m reposting in hopes there is a solution somewhere.

I have the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE case with the Commander Pro and Fanhub already provided. Three Corsair LL120 RGB fans where already provided in the front of the case and I bought an additional LL120 for the rear of the case. My issue is that the RGB cable for the rear fan won’t reach the RGB hub routed a nice way such as the power cable. I have to have the cable cross over through the center which looks ugly. To my understanding there’s no extension cables for this connector? Why didn’t Corsair think of this...? I’m so confused.

Is there someone with the same case and fans that can tell me how to solve this? I cannot find any extension cables for the LED-cables (and neither can Corsair). Do I need to place both devices (e.g. Commander Pro and Fanhub) on a specific location?

I would prefer to route the cable from the top all the way down to the RGB hub. The picture illustrates me holding that cable with what would normally be a clean routing to the hub instead of having to run it underneath through the inside. Am I missing something here? RGB Cable Pic

I hope someone can help.

Edited by ZeusyZeus
Picture

The owner of this ebay store is a frequent flyer in these forums and has pretty much any type of Corsair cable you might need. https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech

As a second option, if you haven't tried it, you should be able to relocate your CoPro. When I got my 500D case, the CoPro was pre-attached in a location that wasn't ideal for me. Judicious use of a heat gun and it pops off and can be remounted somewhere else that may make more sense for you.

But support Pirate Dog would be my vote :-)

LL fans are standard 4 pin PMW.

Any 4 pin PMW fan extension cable will work.......

There is nothing special or proprietary with Corsair LL fans.

"the RGB cable for the rear fan won’t reach the RGB hub" Not the same as the power cable.

"the RGB cable for the rear fan won’t reach the RGB hub" Not the same as the power cable.

Yes exactly thank you, the power cable extension is easy to find but not the RGB. My biggest issue here is how in the world did Corsair Not account for this in their design of the case and fans? The case itself comes with power extension cords but not for RGB. How do they not include any? Super disappointed in Corsair.

The owner of this ebay store is a frequent flyer in these forums and has pretty much any type of Corsair cable you might need. https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech

As a second option, if you haven't tried it, you should be able to relocate your CoPro. When I got my 500D case, the CoPro was pre-attached in a location that wasn't ideal for me. Judicious use of a heat gun and it pops off and can be remounted somewhere else that may make more sense for you.

But support Pirate Dog would be my vote :-)

I’m not very savvy when it comes to DIY stuff as this is my first build in over 10 years so I’ll probably go the Pirate Dog way so thanks for linking that! I don’t understand how Corsair doesn’t make these extension cables considering the case comes with some for the power cable.

I don’t understand how Corsair doesn’t make these extension cables considering the case comes with some for the power cable.

It does seem like a curious oversight, I agree - I am also about to order some RGB extensions from PirateDog so I'm glad he has stepped up to fill the void in the market.