Corsair Community

Strafe RGB - Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

CaffeineGains

I just bought a Strafe RGB (Silent, if it makes a difference) and when I plug it in, in any and all configurations and ports (pass-through first, only one cable, USB 3 or 2), I don't get any light in the keyboard or any device registration.

It doesn't work in BIOS and Windows 10 64-bit gives me the unknown USB error in the title.

Does anybody have any clue as to a fix before I RMA it?

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same problem with my Strafe RGB. Bought it this friday.

Cue/Windows 10 64bit do NOT reconize the keyboard. The boards ASWD and arrow keys are flashing light-blue every 5-7 secs and all keys gives a white flash afterwords. And I cannot acces the settings tab in CUE.

Running clean Windows 10pro install. Tried all the suggested solutions.

Holding down the ESC key, makes the board go red with white ASWD and white arrows. Holding down the esc key, gives the opportunity to acces the settings tab once when running the exe file in windows 7 compatility mode (the 2. Time it doesn't - have to remove usb cable to acces again.)

At this time it is possible to click update firmware - and then the update stalls at 3%). The boards status is "Malfunction".

It seems to the keyboard isn't all dead, it's possible to acces it as a flashdrive (and the firmware file is accessible) when holding a needle in the tiny hole behind the foot and the backside.

I don't know if you can get yours to work, doing any of this, but I will be contacting support this Monday or be returning it to the store asap.

Does anyone know how to get the 1.33 strafe firmware as a file?

Archived