Corsair Community

Utility Engine Takes >30 Mins to Start

dlynch121

Hi,

Having some problems with Utility Engine starting up.

I've only recently noticed as my main computer (with a K70 RGB) was until recently also used as a HTPC, so was left running pretty much 24/7. A few weeks back I sorted a low power machine to take over this task, so my gaming PC which is loud and power hungry can be shut down.

The problem is, when you boot back up, Corsair Utility Engine sits at a constant 25% CPU usage for 30-60 minutes, during which time no lighting effects (at all) work (not even the default red/white). The program itself is completely unresponsive, and if you end the process and restart it you just reset the timer.

I've tried reinstalling older versions, the problem is I'd updated numerous times whilst the PC was constantly on, so I don't know when my last stable version was, however none of the recent releases seem to make any improvement. The device firmware is up to date.

Also if you uninstall, reboot, reinstall, start CUE, it still has to go through the 30+ mins of 25% CPU before you can use it at all.

Any suggestions? I'm wondering if there's any way to COMPLETELY remove CUE and start again - unless there's a simpler solution? My only next thought is to install a new copy of windows on another partition and try using that, but I don't see that as a solution!

Thanks in advance.

Maybe your hard drive? my hard drive is very old and ive been having similar problems loading things.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's a 500GB Crucial SSD, 200GB free space and is performing great elsewhere.

It seems like something in the software is sticking it in a loop where it keeps trying something until it gives up and starts.

• Corsair Employee

Do you have any other gaming software installed? If you do, try disabling them to see if that addresses the problem. What about changing your USB settings to "full USB Initialization?"

Last resort, is to completely remove CUE and delete the Corsair folder under APPDATA.

Archived