The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2015, 04:20 PM
GammaLazer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780410
GammaLazer Reputation: 10
Default Has the issue of dead LEDs been resolved?

Hi I am planning to buy corsair vengeance k70 cherry mx brown switches (Non RGB) keyboard. So I have few questions which I would like to get cleared before making the purchase:
  1. Does the issue of LEDs dying still exits in 2015?
  2. Does it come with old logo?
  3. I am unable to find it in India, so if i buy it through amazon usa will i get warranty? Like RMA through indian service centres ?
  4. Does it carry international replacement warranty?

Thanks.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:28 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780411
terabyte Reputation: 73

1) I haven't seen many people post about dead LEDs in the forum lately, but other than that I can't really give you any more specific answer.

2) You might be able to find some store that still has some stock with the old sails logo version but the majority all have the new gaming logo.

3-4) You'll probably have to RMA it directly to USA but I don't really know. It's best to ask both questions to Corsair directly with a ticket/email/call.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:36 PM
GammaLazer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780415

I don't have any direct sales/tech email. If you could provide any such then it would be a great help. Thanks

Old 05-21-2015, 04:55 PM

POST ID # = 780420
xeonxr6 Reputation: 10

So I bought my K70 about 2 months ago. I'm really only using green and blue for my set-up; with the occasional red thrown in. No problems with the LEDs yet. Must say the LEDs beneath the numbers along the top are not adequately positioned. They appear a bit dull.

I managed to nab myself a Sails logo one from a popular UK store. (just checked I'm not breaking the rules) I bought it from scan.co.uk .. http://www.scan.co.uk/search.aspx?q=CH-9000093-UK

I don't know about the RMA/warranty.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:02 PM
GammaLazer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780423

Okay so I contacted the corsair live chat support and got the following reply:

Raymond C: 1. The LED dying is not an apparent issue, however, if you encounter any issue, it has a 2 years manufacturer warranty. We no longer carry the blue led for that specific model. It has been replaced with a Red LED version.

2. Yes it does.

3. Yes it will have the 2 years manufacturer warranty and yes we have an India service center.

4. Yes warranty is valid globally.
Please close this thread and thanks.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:06 PM
GammaLazer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780424

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonxr6 View Post
So I bought my K70 about 2 months ago. I'm really only using green and blue for my set-up; with the occasional red thrown in. No problems with the LEDs yet. Must say the LEDs beneath the numbers along the top are not adequately positioned. They appear a bit dull.

I managed to nab myself a Sails logo one from a popular UK store. (just checked I'm not breaking the rules) I bought it from scan.co.uk .. http://www.scan.co.uk/search.aspx?q=CH-9000093-UK

I don't know about the RMA/warranty.
The RGB version does not have any problems with led. Apparently it was with non RGB blue only LEDs versions only.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:29 PM

POST ID # = 780439
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaLazer View Post
The RGB version does not have any problems with led. Apparently it was with non RGB blue only LEDs versions only.
You seem quite certain.

I sent my K70 RGB back with a couple of keys with dodgy LEDs. I`ve seen a few other reports of faulty RGB LEDs.

I had a couple of dodgy LEDs. Fact. You stated "The RGB version does not have any problems with led". That's not a true fact.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:43 AM
GammaLazer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 780475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffo View Post
You seem quite certain.

I sent my K70 RGB back with a couple of keys with dodgy LEDs. I`ve seen a few other reports of faulty RGB LEDs.

I had a couple of dodgy LEDs. Fact. You stated "The RGB version does not have any problems with led". That's not a true fact.
Nothing is perfect in electronics. But still I have not heard much issues with RGB as were with blue led version and huge number of RMAs forced corsair to discontinue the product even.

Tags
cherry mx brown, k70, led failure, red