The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2015, 10:08 PM
IWTaco711's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758787
IWTaco711 Reputation: 10

I have exactly the same issue with my M65. Everything is fine for some time and then lights goes off. I have to unplug/plug for it to work again and repeat!!
Pretty annoying to say the least!! Also running Windows Pro 8.1 x64.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 PM

POST ID # = 762340
shadowedash Reputation: 10

Just made a name to post to this and say I'm having the same problem. Just browsing the web and the lights will shut off. Really annoying. On the verge of returning this if at least we don't get some help from Corsair.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:15 PM
IWTaco711's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762349

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowedash View Post
Just made a name to post to this and say I'm having the same problem. Just browsing the web and the lights will shut off. Really annoying. On the verge of returning this if at least we don't get some help from Corsair.
I suppose that Corsair is aware of this issue and will adress it on a futur update. It's very annoying indeed. Though, I'm starting too think that its due to some kind of configuration within my system or what not. I did a lot of research but didnt find anything conclusive.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:46 AM

POST ID # = 762368

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWTaco711 View Post
I suppose that Corsair is aware of this issue and will adress it on a futur update. It's very annoying indeed. Though, I'm starting too think that its due to some kind of configuration within my system or what not. I did a lot of research but didnt find anything conclusive.
I really hope so. I just wish Corsair support would chime in that they're working on fixing it since it's been a few months since this thread started and it isn't fixed yet. Seems kind of widespread too.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:06 AM

POST ID # = 762435
Deathshead Reputation: 10

I have a K70 rgb and m65 rgb. You have to screw around with the software a bit as it
seem that the keyboard and mouse fight each other for the lighting profiles,

Old 02-24-2015, 11:29 AM
IWTaco711's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathshead View Post
I have a K70 rgb and m65 rgb. You have to screw around with the software a bit as it
seem that the keyboard and mouse fight each other for the lighting profiles,
I have RGB K70, maybe you're right, there's maybe a conflict between the two using the same software. All my setup and profile are fine though.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:41 PM

POST ID # = 762485
Jelnique Reputation: 10

I have both a 95RGB and the M65 and can confirm the same thing - the M65 goes out randomly after being plugged in. I'm looking for a polling setting but I don't see it currently.

Also I haven't seen a way to reset the lights without plugging it in/out. Attempting to have it do a lighting effect (changing colors) doesn't seem to work in any case.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:42 PM

POST ID # = 762889
JNatoli01 Reputation: 10

Mine seems to work fine until the mouse is picked up off the mouse pad, then it will not turn back on... Is this a hardware issue I have the most up to date software and drivers.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:29 PM

POST ID # = 762982
Matrixtime69 Reputation: 10

I literally made an account just to reply to this thread. I'm having literally the exact same problem and cant seem to figure out what the issue is. The mouse works completely fine until I reboot the computer than the lights never turn on but the mouse still works completely fine... I have a feeling it has something to do with the HZ settings because as soon as I start changing them the lights cut out and wont come back on for me. CORSAIR please respond to all these people... I bought this mouse YESTERDAY, this is ridiculous.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 763119
JNatoli01 Reputation: 10

I went to bestbuy and exchanged for new mouse last night... Problem sovled!! Your mice are defective.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:53 PM

POST ID # = 763851

After weeks of trying to fix this and no help provided by Corsair. I'm returning this and getting something else. Thanks Corsair for making my decision easier and I'll make sure to recommend my friends to avoid this mouse and your products.

I hope everyone else manages to get it working! You all have more patience than I do. :)

Old 03-08-2015, 11:14 AM

POST ID # = 764936
Kit Coda Reputation: 10

I came here after purchasing both the M65 RGB and CGK65 RGB together just yesterday. I'm not having any real issues with the keyboard at this time, but I'm experiencing the same problem with the mouse here.

Restart, shutdown or sleep kills the lights on the mouse which will only turn back on after unplugging and replugging it back into the USB port. I've tried both 2.0/3.0 USB ports with the same disappointing results. Windows 8.1/64 bit.

I hate hearing that this has been going on for awhile with no real idea as to the cause, or a fix. Has anyone gotten a response to the problem from support yet?

Old 04-16-2015, 12:18 PM

POST ID # = 773015
Komojojo Reputation: 10

Been a while since someone posted in this thread, but I registered just for this. I read all the messages on this board and came to a conclusion that this is ridiculous. This should be a firmware or software problem. And RMA is out of the question for me since I really did struggle to get a hold of this mouse in my country (Turkey).

I didn't expect this from a company that I trusted for years for various components.

I use win 8.1 x64 and I don't have any Corsair keyboards, only the M65 RGB.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:37 PM
Spindrift762's PC Specs

POST ID # = 789312
Spindrift762 Reputation: 10

Hey guys. I just made an account on here thanks to this frustrating issue. So after browsing this thread I may have a possible fix. I may also have no idea what I'm talking about since I haven't had a chance to test it over time yet. What I concluded is that it must be a power issue...not getting enough power for the LEDs. I went to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Power Options. From there go to "Change Plan Settings" -> "Change Advanced Power Settings" and disable "USB settings/USB selective suspend - disable". Hopefully this is the issue...

Old 07-15-2015, 07:13 PM

POST ID # = 789654
nenarek Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindrift762 View Post
Hey guys. I just made an account on here thanks to this frustrating issue. So after browsing this thread I may have a possible fix. I may also have no idea what I'm talking about since I haven't had a chance to test it over time yet. What I concluded is that it must be a power issue...not getting enough power for the LEDs. I went to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Power Options. From there go to "Change Plan Settings" -> "Change Advanced Power Settings" and disable "USB settings/USB selective suspend - disable". Hopefully this is the issue...
Making this change seems to have fixed the problem for me. I will post again if it flakes out but so far this seems to have done the trick.

Tags
led failure, m65