The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2015, 06:40 PM

POST ID # = 750570
Thomas-DK Reputation: 10

It seems like all in this thread who is having the issue is running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:19 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750583
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Sadly, the issue is not confined to Win 8.1 I am on 7x64 sp1. After perfect service the last two months, I recently isntalled CUE 1.2.77 and it's been behaving strangely ever since. The two adjustable zones stay locked on one color and are unchangeable. The DPI selector color is permanently out. Uninstalling CUE and reboot - everything comes back to normal. May try to roll back to a previous version.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:33 PM
daniru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750620
daniru Reputation: 10

So today, my mouse worked for about 4 hours with no problems. Then a little while ago, the lights went out. So I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, and it blinked on for a second and then turned off again. So, I tried changing slots and it did the same thing. Now the lights won't turn on at all.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:44 AM

POST ID # = 751095

Corsair - Any updates from your side??

Old 01-06-2015, 05:17 AM

POST ID # = 751326

Corsair - Please let us know how to proceed.
I would like to know if I should return the mouse.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 AM

POST ID # = 752016

Corsair - Please reply with an update.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:47 PM

POST ID # = 752130
MalsBrownCoat Reputation: 10

Thomas-DK, you're not alone in this one. My M65 RGB (new) also does the same thing. However, the lights on mine turn off even without the computer being put to sleep or by a screen saver turning on. I use this mouse all day long. When I turn my system on, the lights are fine. But eventually throughout the day, I'll notice that at some point, the lights went out. Opening up CUE and turning them on and off again has no effect (they do night re-light). The only way that I've been able to get the lights to turn on again is to unplug/re-plug the mouse back in to the USB port.

For reference, I'm using a built in USB 3 port on an MSI GS60 Ghost Pro laptop.

After being coerced by a friend into trying out some Corsair gear, I jumped in head first with a K70 RGB (Browns) keyboard and now this M65 RGB mouse. I'm not a penny pincher, by any stretch of the imagination. However, I recognize that for most consumers, that is a LOT of money to dump into peripherals which should match a price to performance ratio.

I really wanted to like Corsair's products, but I have to admit that I find myself wishing that I would have just stuck with the Razer gear that I had. These products are just not meeting the quality expectations that I had from a company such as Corsair.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:02 PM

POST ID # = 752134

We are experiencing the exact same thing…! I also went straight out and bought the K70 RGB and the M65 RGB! Corsair UE doesn’t let me turn on the lights once they have been turned off. Unplug and plug it in again is the only “fix”.
I however would expect that the support from Corsair would be a lot better

Old 01-09-2015, 03:44 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 752144
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Hi guys, Im just catching up on the issue here. If you're noticing issues with the lighting going off, its most likely because you didn't save the profile to the mouse.

After you've configured both the Performance and Lighting tab, make sure you save the profile to the mouse so the lighting stays on even if CUE is off. If however, this doesn't work, then I'll need to look deeper into it and see if I can replicate it. This applies to both Sabre and M65.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:33 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752192
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

This may not apply to everyone, but I've managed to correct the issue on my set-up. I noticed the M65 RGB lighting worked as intended when I uninstalled CUE. Having just moved to a new board, I was already mindful of driver issues. By setting the CUE not to load on start up, I have normal light functioning. Then if needed, I launch the program after boot. Profile switching and lighting work as intended and just as they had before I moved to the new board. Three days issue free. I am on an Asus X99_PRO. Those of you also on Asus boards may benefit from setting it up that way. You already know what program was causing the conflict.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:33 PM
johndoe86x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 752447
johndoe86x Reputation: 10
Default No Express Replacement?

Well, I went to submit an RMA, today. My mouse was working flawlessly for a few days and then it just went right back off. I held off, just because they have no option for express replacement. I don't want to wait a week to get a replacement on something this simple. Please respond, Corsair. This is getting increasingly frustrating.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:54 PM

POST ID # = 752618
MalsBrownCoat Reputation: 10

James - Appreciate the follow up, but I'm afraid we'll need that deeper look. At least, for me.

My profile is in fact saved to the mouse, and CUE is running all the time. I've never shut CUE down, so I'm not sure how the colors could be lit at one point, and then go out on their own (without any initiation from me).

Is there any other particular information that would be helpful to you, in order to attempt to replicate the issue?

Old 01-13-2015, 04:57 PM
daniru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalsBrownCoat View Post
James - Appreciate the follow up, but I'm afraid we'll need that deeper look. At least, for me.

My profile is in fact saved to the mouse, and CUE is running all the time. I've never shut CUE down, so I'm not sure how the colors could be lit at one point, and then go out on their own (without any initiation from me).

Is there any other particular information that would be helpful to you, in order to attempt to replicate the issue?
It's the same for me. The profile is saved to the mouse and CUE is running. I'll unplug it and plug it back in and it will work for some time, then it will randomly go off again. If you need any further information, please let us know.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:55 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 753346
Corsair James Reputation: 75

When the lights go out, are you guys doing anything specific? Are *ALL* the zones going out?

Old 01-14-2015, 02:31 PM
daniru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753515

Nothing specific. It'll happen while gaming, browsing the web, or while the computer is idle. There's no real specific time frame for it either. After unplugging and plugging it back in, it may work for a day or two, only a few hours, or sometimes only minutes. And yes, all the lights are going out. But the mouse itself still functions.

Tags
led failure, m65