Corsair Community

Corsair Force 120 - Freezing issues (?)

Commander

Hi there,

Well this is a issue that I cannot confirm but I got some issues with my computer that is possibly related to my SSD drive.

Story:

I start my game with 2 clients (eve online) then when playing sometimes both clients will "freeze" in the meantime @ Resource Monitor I will see a spike in Hard Faults from the clients trying to access the SSD for some stuff dunno what. (The game is installed on the SSD drive)

Anyway this freeze will be 1-3 seconds and disappear as nothing happend.

Some other applications will do the same, like viewing images from my desktop will sometimes hang the picture gallery with not responding and spinning wait icon from windows 7.

I rebooted after those issues and got "insert bootable drive and try again screen" I rebooted and jumped to BIOS and to my eyes SATA 0 Corsair SSD drive is gone from my list. I Rebooted few times more and as unknown it was gone before it was back again.

Technical:

I have done a system format in AHCI mode, Secure Format with Partition Magic and also updated to latest firmware 2.0 was a bit tricky to get not Frozen state but eventually got there.

But even after all this it still was gone from the device list last boot I did. I remember I posted before that my drive was gone from boot and would not come back. And the firmware that Yellowbird pmed me got the SSD back on (had to flash it on my friends computer)

But now it is the second time it disappeared after the 1.1 firmware and since I flashed it to the 2.0 few days ago and it disappeared once again today (with the freezing issue of applications happening just before I rebooted my computer.

I have tried with different SATA cables and of course re-seating them several times but no avail so far.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Best Regards

Commander

Archived