Corsair Community

BIOS mode on Strafe RGB?

tadmang

Hello all,

I just picked up a Strafe RGB (silent edition if that makes any difference), and I'm trying to determine if there is a BIOS mode. I'm not seeing a physical switch on the keyboard, and the quickstart guide does not mention one. I also looked through the CUE software, and did not see it there either. I'm running the latest version of CUE, and my firmware is 1.31. When I try to update the firmware, it gives me a "Failed to check for a firmware update" message, so I'm not sure if I'm running the latest firmware.

If there is a BIOS mode option - how do I get to it? Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
Thanks! Any idea on whether or not there is a BIOS mode on the Strafe RGB?

Actually, there is a BIOS mode for the Corsair STRAFE RGB keybard. I was lucky enough to find it elsewhere, so I am reposting it here.

To enable BIOS mode on the STRAFE RGB, hold the F1 key along with the Windows Lock key (the top right key on the corner of the keyboard) together for about three seconds (then release them).

If done correctly, your keyboard's Scroll Lock light should be blinking. This means that you have enabled the BIOS mode.

To disable BIOS mode, hold the same keys again for three seconds and after releasing, the blinking should stop and you should get your customized keyboard back.

FYI the BIOS mode presists through reboots, and switching devices. So if you'd like to use the keyboard software with they keyboard, remember to disable the BIOS mode when you're done with it.

Cheers, hope it help! and Happy Holidays!

edit: spelling and some.

Edited by loyloy

• 2 years later...

To enable BIOS mode on the STRAFE RGB, hold the F1 key along with the Windows Lock key (the top right key on the corner of the keyboard) together for about three seconds (then release them).

Wow - 3 years later and I'm really glad I found this thread, was going nuts trying to get into the BIOS on my K68 RGB.

Windows Lock Key + F1 also works to get into BIOS mode on the K68 RGB, I suspect it's the combination for all of the lower-priced keyboards that don't have a dedicated switch. Thanks @loyloy!

• 11 months later...