Corsair Community

H115i Platinum pump RGB not working

rs_jon

Hi, Just installed the H115i platinum that i got for Xmas, the pump rgb has never worked no matter what I do in Icue the rgb fans connected to the pump work fine. Just want to know if there is something that I could be doing wrong before i return this unit.

Hi Devbiker I have tried selecting all and part of the pump leds, tried R G and B separately on the instant color drop down still nothing. also i fogot to mention the pump sounded like it was grinding on first power on.

I think I have tired all options like different usb header, different sata power plug nothing I have tried gets it to work.

• 2 weeks later...
OK. I think we've covered everything that we can here. Unfortunately, it's time to look at replacing it. :(

Just received and tested my replacement unit on a bench pc so cables were not pulled around and still no pump RGB.

I have fan RGB/speed control and I have pump speed control also my K70, M65, vengance RGB and also a node pro with 2 Light loop fans works without a issue just not the pump! could this be another faulty unit or firmware/software issue?

try disconnecting everything else from icue, cept the h115i

I had similar issues with a 100i plat and rm1000i connected to usb header

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=985499#post985499

Hi LinkyPinky87, I watched your video and my problem is different, my fans and the speed are controllable in Icue and i dont get disconnecting but i tried your idea and still getting no Pump RGB :(:

• 2 months later...

Hi rs_jon,

Sorry for the trouble you are having with your H115i Platinum. If you don't have the USB plugged into the side of the pump when you turn on your pc, does it go to a rainbow mode? Can you link pics of how you have it installed and a hardware list?

Thanks

Hi Mike,

I am also having the same issue as jon.

New 500D RGB case and New H115i Plat cooler. Fans RGB work, but not the pump.

latest version of iCue installed and a firmware updated completed on the cooler.

I have just tried without the USB connected. Fans are rainbow, but pump is off. Reconnected the USB and the FANs switched to white (current setting) but still no pump.

Open to ideas.

• 1 month later...

I am having this issue but I am using a native SATA cable for power. Is anyone else continuing to have a problem with only the pump RGBs not working? I've also got an unreliable temp sensor. This is on 2 separate H115i RGB Platinums.

Edit: this is wrong. I am not using 6 pin SATA power. It was adapted 4 pin molex to SATA extension.

Edited by Flyprdu

After tearing apart the power wiring in the back, it looks like I was drawing my power from an ADAPTED MOLEX to SATA extension.

Rewired and now everything is working perfectly. RGB lights on the pump are damn near blinding and the temp sensor seems to be working now as well.

If you are having symptoms like mine, you need to check what your power source is for the pump.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employee
Now the question is- is there any adapter to get this sorted or do we need to change the power supply ?

Some of these power supplies have cables you can buy from their manufacturer, but many of them will require a new power supply. You will need to reach to your power supply manufacturer to find out though.