Corsair Community

H115i Platinum - Pump speed profiles - how many (June 2019)

MarcusJClifford

Hi All,

First post in almost 16 years! The forum says I last logged in in June 2003!

Anyway, my question is around the H115i Platinum cooler. I am torn between this and the H115i Pro.

Many of the reviews talk about the Pro having three pump speed profiles and the Platinum only having two. However, I have read in some recent forum posts that a firmware update has given the Platinum the same three pump profiles now.

Can I have confirmation of this please?

I also understand from reading that the Platinum uses a new block from a different supplier. Can anyone confirm their view of and differences in pump noise between the two models at specific pump profiles?

Noise is my primary concern here.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

Platinum does have 3 pump speeds now.

Yes, the Platinum is a CoolIT cooler, not Asetek. Personally, I've not had any issue with pump noise but I'm old and my wife swears I'm half deaf so ...

The Platinum cooler does have fans that are capable of higher speeds. These are the ML-Platinum RGB fans. So if you want to keep them quiet, you might want a custom fan profile. The MLs that come with the Pro are "Quiet Edition" MLs and don't have the same max speed. IMHO, it's better to have the higher speed and not need it than need it and not have it. My Platinum does a respectable job cooling my Threadripper using a custom fan curve. The only time the fans really kick up is during a long encoding session. And even then, they don't hit max speed and the max coolant temp is around 37 or so (+6-7 degrees over intake).

Hi All,

First post in almost 16 years! The forum says I last logged in in June 2003!

Anyway, my question is around the H115i Platinum cooler. I am torn between this and the H115i Pro.

Many of the reviews talk about the Pro having three pump speed profiles and the Platinum only having two. However, I have read in some recent forum posts that a firmware update has given the Platinum the same three pump profiles now.

Can I have confirmation of this please?

I also understand from reading that the Platinum uses a new block from a different supplier. Can anyone confirm their view of and differences in pump noise between the two models at specific pump profiles?

Noise is my primary concern here.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

The perception I get from these forums, is that there are more issues with the CoolIT base H115i's than those base on Asetek. I could be wrong, but that is how it appears. Obviously, the Pro has no RGB, but you could argue that is just one more thing to go wrong!

The perception I get from these forums, is that there are more issues with the CoolIT base H115i's than those base on Asetek. I could be wrong, but that is how it appears. Obviously, the Pro has no RGB, but you could argue that is just one more thing to go wrong!

There have been, yes. But you should have noticed the pretty clear downtick in complaints since the last release or two - most of the biggest issues have been resolved.

If noise is the primary concern, there is a clear choice. The Platinum series has three pump speeds at intervals between 2000-3000 rpm. The Pro model has three speeds at 1100/2160/2850. It is that first “Quiet” pump speed at 1100 that may be of interest. It’s a bit too slow for heavy loads, but is perfect for quiet desktop work. Obviously fan speed can be set to your preference or changed.

I'm running an H115i Platinum on a Ryzen 2700x and it is doing an awesome job using the balanced out of the box settings. Even on long CPU intensive encoding runs, my CPU holds at about 55c and the coolant temp runs at about 33c. The pump that I got is whisper quiet even on the extreme setting, but I figure that if I an seeing acceptable temps with the balanced pump speed at around 2400rpm, why even bother and turn it up to the extreme setting...

• 2 months later...
I'm running an H115i Platinum on a Ryzen 2700x and it is doing an awesome job using the balanced out of the box settings. Even on long CPU intensive encoding runs, my CPU holds at about 55c and the coolant temp runs at about 33c. The pump that I got is whisper quiet even on the extreme setting, but I figure that if I an seeing acceptable temps with the balanced pump speed at around 2400rpm, why even bother and turn it up to the extreme setting...

Could you test how audible is your pump at complete quietness and if possible set fans to between 500-700rpm as either mine is broken and is too loud or its just how it works tho when I set it on balanced mode its making crackling noise which I suppose isn't good. So I've got H100i Platinum SE white( white scheme build) and after setting it up in the system the only thing thats audible is the pump. Got 6 fans all running at 700rpm on Idle up to 40C and it pretty much stays between 35-37C on stock 3700X with ambient 24-25C. This is all great but at midnight when I sit by my PC the pump is clearly heard even on the "quiet mode" preset which is just above 1900rpm. Not sure what to do next but when you buy a product like that you want both cooling and silence and its not the case with this product. When I look at previous posts above the H115i PRO has at least got 1100RPM quiet preset. I don't understand the idea of quiet at 1900rpm at all or maybe my pump is broken.