Corsair Community

Corsair Gamepad on the horizon?

Mask3d1

Hi all!

I'm doing my second Corsair build and I'm looking at peripherals, and I'm impressed with the new Corsair VOID 7.1 Channel Headset and Corsair Scimitar RGB Wired Optical Mouse. I had previously been using a company that focuses exclusively on the gaming market, but after seeing an EGamer using the Corsair peripherals, I thought I'd do some research and here I am.

My question relates to MMORPG games. I do not like to use keyboards when playing, so I've been using a gamepad for a number of years (basically it puts the keyboard into a more comfortable, ergonomic setup and gives it more of an "arcade" style feel. I'm actually surprised more PC gamers don't use a similar setup, I guess because of professional tournaments perhaps?).

Corsair Scimitar RGB Wired Optical Mouse looks amazing and paired with a gamepad for your opposite hand, it would be an amazing setup for long MMO sessions.

Is there a chance Corsair has something on the horizon? I hope? :biggrin:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have. If there's enough interest, perhaps we can push Corsair to develop one to rival the other companies in the peripherals market.

For myself personally, a gamepad with Cherry switches would be......epic. :drool:

~Mask

• Confused 1

Blast.

I wish I knew what you meant by "data was lacking". Because all of the "casual" MMO gamers who have tried it when I've let them use it, end up buying one. It just changes the feel of PC gaming entirely. People are fiercely loyal to using them once they've tried it.

Price point is just a shade under the cost of an actual keyboard and I think Corsair is missing the boat (see what I did thar?) when it comes to this market. Competitors are making it, not just one major one but multiple competitors.

I'd be willing to bet if you had Bahjeera test one out for a week, he'd love the feel and concept of a gamepad.

-Thermaltake A2418

-Cyber Snipa Game Pad

-Fang Gamepad by Ideazon

-Wolf Claw Type III Devour Gaming Keypad

-Elements G100 Gaming Keyboard

-Belkin Nostromo N52 SpeedPad (the predecessor to the Razer SpeedPad line).

-Ergodex DX1 Input System (Way ahead of it's time and which was far and away the most customizable setup with infinite possibilities. I think the fact that it was so flexible was ultimately what led to it's downfall).

-Ergodex CH Multi Function Panel (for Flight Sims, completely customizable to simulate any cockpit).

Currently as mentioned, only Logitech and Razer are offering products that are gamepad style setups as we know them. Razer originally had an "Orbweaver" with Cherry Mechanical switches (they've since switched to Razer custom designed mechanical switches and my understanding is many people aren't as happy with them as when they had Cherry ones). I personally use the non-mechanical version Tartarus, but I started out waaaaaay back when on a Nostromo n50 SpeedPad.

They are way more comfortable to play on PC games IMO. To me it gives PC gaming a console type feel and you still have use of your keyboard. The ergonomics of the setup and how you can change it to fit your hand-size lend to marathon sessions with nearly zero fatigue compared to using a traditional keyboard.

If Corsair were to design and market a product that was a Gamepad, and used their famous quality of design and production?

It would be epic.

I'd be willing to bet you'd make a huge dent in some of your competitor's market simply because you have a similar product, but Corsair quality. Heck....people came here because of the new mouse Bahjeera uses.

I've been a Razer guy for a long time, since they purchased the Nostromo SpeedPad design, but I'd love to make the switch.

Edited by Mask3d1

-Thermaltake A2418

-Cyber Snipa Game Pad

-Fang Gamepad by Ideazon

-Ergodex DX1 Input System (Way ahead of it's time and which was far and away the most customizable setup with infinite possibilities. I think the fact that it was so flexible was ultimately what led to it's downfall).

-Ergodex CH Multi Function Panel (for Flight Sims, completely customizable to simulate any cockpit).

Currently as mentioned, only Logitech and Razer are offering products that are gamepad style setups as we know them. Razer originally had an "Orbweaver" with Cherry Mechanical switches (they've since switched to Razer custom designed mechanical switches and my understanding is many people aren't as happy with them as when they had Cherry ones). I personally use the non-mechanical version Tartarus, but I started out waaaaaay back when on a Nostromo n50 SpeedPad.

They are way more comfortable to play on PC games IMO. To me it gives PC gaming a console type feel and you still have use of your keyboard. The ergonomics of the setup and how you can change it to fit your hand-size lend to marathon sessions with nearly zero fatigue compared to using a traditional keyboard.

If Corsair were to design and market a product that was a Gamepad, and used their famous quality of design and production?

It would be epic.

I'd be willing to bet you'd make a huge dent in some of your competitor's market simply because you have a similar product, but Corsair quality. Heck....people came here because of the new mouse Bahjeera uses.

I've been a Razer guy for a long time, since they purchased the Nostromo SpeedPad design, but I'd love to make the switch.

Not to say this is a perfect solution, but could a K65 work in this situation? They're much smaller than their other keyboards, with its tenkeyless design. However, yeah, if you want smaller, sadly Corsair doesn't have them available.

-Thermaltake A2418

-Cyber Snipa Game Pad

-Fang Gamepad by Ideazon

It would be epic.

Wow. Some of those pads are not at all what i was expecting lol.

It's very much a niche market, but then again, isn't that what Corsair specializes in? It's not Dell, Apple, Lenovo or any of those other Laptop/Desktop companies that focus on mass homogenized hardware.

DIY. Build. Customize. Game.

And that's exactly the focus group they would be looking at. Gamers. I'm telling you, once you play with a speedpad/gamepad type setup? It's hard to go back to a regular QWERTY regardless of how good it is.

Ergonomics win the day.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

I literally made an account for this website for this sole purpose.

I'm with a 4 year old Logitech gamepad at the moment, and fitted out with all

Logitech Peripherals as a result. I do like Logitech's stuff, but let me say this.

If Corsair made a gamepad similar to Logitech's (info screen w/ profile switching on the go, thumbstick, multiple macro) with RGB Cherry MX switches, I would ditch all of my Logitech gear (Headset, mouse, keyboard, gamepad) in a heartbeat when given the financial opportunity. I've been interested in a lot of your peripherals, but the only thing holding me back is the lack of an MMO-based gamepad.

• 4 months later...
It's very much a niche market, but then again, isn't that what Corsair specializes in? It's not Dell, Apple, Lenovo or any of those other Laptop/Desktop companies that focus on mass homogenized hardware.

DIY. Build. Customize. Game.

And that's exactly the focus group they would be looking at. Gamers. I'm telling you, once you play with a speedpad/gamepad type setup? It's hard to go back to a regular QWERTY regardless of how good it is.

Ergonomics win the day.

I wouldnt even say its a nich market logitech has one razer has three of them not to mention all the other macro pads on the market. the point is most of us respect corsairs build quality and software packages and those are only getting better that and we want one that works in cue to begin with i buy corsair so all my rgbs match lol i want my gamepad to have the same corsair love and attention and keyboards are lovely i have the k95 because of the extra buttons but a dedicated pad for things like elite dangerous where im probably using a headset a big keyboard is hard to navigate but a game pad is much more manageable in that environment. i mean its no more niche that a lightup mouse pad and corsair still makes one of those

• 5 months later...
We currently do not have any plans on creating a gamepad. We did some market research and data was lacking.

I'm going to bump this thread yet again. I would like to know what demographics you're looking into? Is your focus so narrowed on the 15-24 age group that you're forgetting the older gamers? I'm personally in my 40's and I've been gaming since before Atari 2600 (bonus points if you even have a clue what game that might be), and to be quite honest, I loathe using a keyboard for CPU gaming.

I love the feel of a gamepad, but unfortunatly, there is one company on the market that seems to dominate the scene, mostly with design (Razer Tartarus or Razer Orbweaver...I use the Tartarus since it's the closest to what I began with, Nostromo n52).

Every older gamer, like myself, that I've introduced a gamepad to, will not use a keyboard for CPU gaming any longer.

They are extremely comfortable for extended gaming sessions, and considering many of us working adults can be tired from a long day of work, the lack of comfort from a regular keyboard is tiresome.

Please, Corsair....reconsider.

I'm spending money with another company and I don't want to. I want to have everything on my system with Corsair products, yet this question keeps getting rebuffed and you keep coming out with the "same old thing" with your keyboards. Yes, there are slight differences, however all of them are *still* keyboards.

I'm telling you, make a game pad similar to the old Nostromo n52, and you'd get flocks of people over here because they want Corsair quality.

You're missing the boat on this, and alienating older gamers, gamers with smaller hands, gamers that might try PC Gaming....but don't like keyboards.

• 6 months later...

Yes, fully supported. I would instantly switch my complete environment to Corsair, if they would offer a nice keypad. And I know, many others would do so, because the only competitor actually is failing more and more with their hard- and software.

It's a great chance to win so many customers !

Yes, fully supported. I would instantly switch my complete environment to Corsair, if they would offer a nice keypad. And I know, many others would do so, because the only competitor actually is failing more and more with their hard- and software.

It's a great chance to win so many customers !

Corsair, as I have said numerous times in this thread. Older gamers are your demographics, and your competition is creating an opportunity you need to take advantage of. The peripheral market that Gamepads are in is huge....and let's face it, the price point is *very* similar to what you have for your keyboards now. I spent $130 for my Razer Tartarus, and to be honest, as I quoted above, they are failing with their hardware and software.

Step up and give the older gamer fans what they want. Please! :D

Let us go full gaming Corsair!

Bring us the Corsair Flintlock Gamepad! Yes, I named it. :D:

• 2 weeks later...
So i just created an account for the sole purpose of wanting a coursair game pad with analog joystick. I want to dump my razer gear but need a decent game pad replacement first. Razer also has a new game pad v2 which has been sold out a few times so maybe you guys need some new data.

Bring us the Corsair Flintlock Gamepad! Yes, I named it. :D:

That name is indeed great. I also would love a Corsair Flintlock to be manufactured, as I'm very tired of seeing my beautiful Corsair products resting nicely on my Corsair MM300 right next to my far inferior gaming pad made by a company that shall not be named.

• 2 months later...

Bumping for Gamepad Justice!

Come on everyone....if we keep posting, Corsair will have to listen eventually.

Honestly, if they made one, I'd buy all of their peripherals.

K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard

$49.99

SCIMITAR PRO RGB Optical MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse

$69.99

VOID PRO RGB Wireless Premium Gaming Headset with Dolby® Headphone 7.1

$99.99

MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad — Medium

$19.99

Sub-total $239.96 and that's on top of buying the Gamepad (Corsair Flintlock perhaps?). Gamepad could easily sell for $99.99 and it would literally fly out of the inventory as soon as word got out that Corsair, famous for quality keyboards and gaming peripherals, was *finally* making a Gamepad. That's a $339.96 with the gamepad under current prices *if* I didn't buy a mechanical keyboard, but stayed with their basic model. Talk about moving some product.

Come on Corsair...a gamepad makes extended gaming sessions physically easier, and with more and more of the demographics of gamers getting older, anything that can help out that sector of the market more is a win. Besides, who do you think has the money to spend?

• 3 weeks later...

I joined this forum specifically for this thread... I had a Belkin NTe52, two Razer version and a Tartarus and now I'm on my third Logitech G13.

I don't want to go back to Razer, their build quality has greatly deteriorated in the last few years and their software just sucks.

I do like the G13, but no mechanical keys, and to be honest, pretty naff switches even for membrane ones. This is the third one, as I said, and all had the same issues - keys just stop working after a while.

I've been looking for alternatives, but the only options seem to be Razer of awful things from companies I've never heard of that look terrible.

I use the gamepad not just for gaming. I have it set for my photo editing software as well.. makes life so much easier. I can't imagine working without one now.

I'll be honest, the only bit of Corsair kit I have is the CPU cooler in my PC.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Razer has become complete mess (may be has always been). But they have a large amount of blind fanboys. Their Obweaver is likely working for me, but if some other company would produce a keypad, I would garbage Razer immediately.

Sadly, no one cares about the MMO community. All staring at BR kiddies.

Get used to a simply keyboard, the time of additional function keys are gone.

• 8 months later...

Im would love all my peripherals be Corsair. I would love a gamepad by them, as i will be getting in the mail tomorrow a k70 rgb with mx blue's, and im using the mm800 and glaive as mouse pad and mouse respectively.

I used to use a afterglow controller for my xbox one and pc gaming, before they altered the design to where it is basically turd with christmas lights.

However, i loved the aesthetics of the controller. It just seemed so "Corsair" to me. The outer edge of the controller had a LED tube, which had rainbow lighting but could also be static. I prefer rainbow. The changes they made removed the tube, and replaced it with 4 little bulbs in the controller, not attractive at all.

To me, I bought it because it reminded me of Corsair stuff, and the rgb app didnt conflict with iCUE.

If Corsair did a kickstarter i would totally donate a $100 to it.