Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 = massive fps drop

JoeyOneTwoThree

I just bought the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and plugged it in. I attempted downloading the driver but trusty Corsair doesn't support Win8. On top of this, my fps in EVERY SINGLE GAME is a flat 47. Normally i'll have well over 60. It does not go up or down it will just sit at 47. It also gives an odd high latency feel. Every action is delayed, and sometimes keys on my keyboard will stop working and then come back randomly. I deleted the driver files and unplugged the headset, the problem still occurred. I am beyond angry, being my second terrible experience with Corsair. Hope someone can help, thanks.

If you deleted the driers and unplugged the headset and the FPS is still 47 flat. I don't think the headset is causing the issue.

Check your GPU and game settings and see if you have a FPS lock on.

Latest BIOS and GPU, Chipset drivers? Latest DirectX?

• Corsair Employee
A headset doesn't cause FPS to increase or decrease unless there is a hardware issue with your system, or a driver conflict somehow on your end of the system. It doesn't have native support for Windows 8 either, but it does work in Windows 8. It sounds like to me that you have a hardware issue. Test your headset on a different machine to confirm the problem.

• Corsair Employee
I'm sorry to see you didn't want to work with us to resolve the problem. If you change your mind regarding the return, we'd be more than happy to work with you regarding it. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Archived