Corsair Community

Sync-It is here!!!! well sort of!

Zotty

so... having a tidy up in the ManCave...

and the pile of HD fans I have spare was sitting next to an old Psu that's also spare.. Looking at me they was... time to play!!

so play I did..

and then this happened...

AnxzTDeh.jpg

(ignore the Thermaltake fan!! I'm clean now I promise!!!)

now what I thought..

why not dump the button controller,, throw in the NoPro (Node Pro) thats spare.. long mini usb cable to pc...

and then this happened

YsRIwxSh.png

NoPro #1 is the one outside my case

The RGB of 17 fans and 8 strips controlled in Link??..Sir YES Sir!!.. 2 NoPro's in Link??.. Sire YES Sir.. Desk LEDs synced to Case LEDs?? Sir YES Sir..

so think a little more I did.....

and then this happened

[ame]

[/ame]

so... Strips.. I obviously need to replace the fans mounted to the back of my screens and under my desk with strips (no they dont spin lol.. RGB'z only here :) )...

I ran usb from node pro under my desk to the usb pass through on the back of my mousepad :) and the NoPro and RGB Fan Led Hub are powered by a the Spare Psu...

Thoughts??

i did something similar with a kit i built myself couple of years ago from parts i built and arduino with 3 screens, but ditched the screens and now using one 60" sony tv. im now working on fitting a lighting node pro kit inside the tv with custom led refectors/diffusers on the back panel and fitting a usb port to the tv itself to plug into the pc.

My wife has bought me a CoPro for Christmas, I also have a NoPro and 4 led strips, a ComMini and 4 of the old strips. I was wondering what to do with them all, I never thought of using them outside the case (except maybe under it.)

I've currnetly got a couple of those cheapish led strips on the back of my 2 monitors, but half the time I forget to turn them on.

Anybody know how many strips can be run off each of the Commander Minl's RGB ports, or the CoPro for that matter.

• Corsair Employee

I don't know what the limits are on the Commander Mini (I've never actually run into them), but the Commander Pro tops out at four strips per channel.

My wife has bought me a CoPro for Christmas, I also have a NoPro and 4 led strips, a ComMini and 4 of the old strips. I was wondering what to do with them all, I never thought of using them outside the case (escept maybe under it.

I've currntly got a couple of those cheapish led strips on the back of my 2 monitors, but half the time I forget to turn them on.

Anybody know how many strips can be run off each of the Commander Minl's RGB ports, or the CoPro for that matter.

but the Commander Pro tops out at four strips per channel.

Not technically true lol.... 8 strips configured as 6 LL fans works on a CoPro/NoPro Channel.. not all modes would appear correct mind.

Not officially supported though.. not done it my self and not my fault if your stuff dies lol....

as for the CoMi.. not sure.. i had 4 strips and a Dominator Airflow pro rgb cooler on my CoMi... back in da day.... 6 months ago... lol

RGB GLORY! Lookin' great Zotty!

Quick question, if you don't mind: I just snagged a Commander Pro myself and I have two LNPs connected to the CoPro via the USB hubs. Neither show up in the Corsair Link software [4.9.4.28]. CoPro [0.4.173] shows up and has proper control over my fan lights and speeds. I plugged my RGB Strips into one of the LNPs and they light up just fine to their default Rainbow Wave, I just don't have any control over them in Corsair Link.

Did you have any issues with Corsair Link registering the LNP when you fed it to the USB input on the CoPro?

Thanks!

RGB GLORY! Lookin' great Zotty!

Quick question, if you don't mind: I just snagged a Commander Pro myself and I have two LNPs connected to the CoPro via the USB hubs. Neither show up in the Corsair Link software [4.9.4.28]. CoPro [0.4.173] shows up and has proper control over my fan lights and speeds. I plugged my RGB Strips into one of the LNPs and they light up just fine to their default Rainbow Wave, I just don't have any control over them in Corsair Link.

Did you have any issues with Corsair Link registering the LNP when you fed it to the USB input on the CoPro?

Thanks!

Can you fill out your system specs? What motherboard are you running?

Absolutely, I just updated them! I can draft up a diagram of how I have everything connected if needed.

As I suspected ... you have an AMD board. There are, apparently, known issues with connected devices to the USB port on the CoPro when it's connected to an AMD board/AsMedia USB controller. :[pouts:

Potential workarounds:

1) Plug into the LNP into different USB Port (you can also get an standard mini USB cable and plug into a port in the I/O shield, if you can route it outside your case).

2) Use an internal USB hub.

As I suspected ... you have an AMD board. There are, apparently, known issues with connected devices to the USB port on the CoPro when it's connected to an AMD board/AsMedia USB controller. :[pouts:

Potential workarounds:

1) Plug into the LNP into different USB Port (you can also get an standard mini USB cable and plug into a port in the I/O shield, if you can route it outside your case).

2) Use an internal USB hub.

Soo... I just jockeyed the CoPro USB to another header on the motherboard and everything worked... d'oh! Thanks for the help! And sorry for the temporary high-jack of your thread Zotty! :p:

Archived