Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.1.23 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.1.23.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.1.23, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Changelog:

• Support for Vengeance LED and RGB DRAM on Intel Z370 chipset.

Bug Fixes:

• Intermittent “driver unsigned” issue when installing Corsair Link is fixed.

Known Issues:

• Custom fan curves may experience dip to 0 RPM. (Fix scheduled for upcoming firmware release for Commander PRO.)
  • Vengeance LED/RGB DRAM is not recognized on motherboards with Intel non-Z or X chipsets. (Fix scheduled for next release.)
  • Updating Lighting Node PRO firmware will fail on AMD-based systems if Lighting Node PRO is connected to Commander PRO USB hub.
  • Hardware playback no longer available for SP RGB fans, HD RGB fans, and RGB PRO lighting strips. (Fix scheduled before end of year.)

Looked on the support page at corsair.com. The version you mention is not available for download. Where do I download it from?

I have identified the following software so far as being unsigned:

SiLib.sys (v 1.3.0.0) and SiUSBXp.sys (v 3.3) supplied by Silicon Laboratories. This is as installed with 4.9.0.57.

Thanks for publishing the known issues.

in relation to fans (possibly) switching off / dipping to zero RPM, are you able to estimate a time frame for "Fix scheduled for upcoming firmware release for Commander PRO."?

I'm assuming that this is when they hit 768 / 1024 etc. RPM?

Kind regards

Works great, the unsigned driver issue isn't a problem any more for me on windows 10.

Is there a way to get the cooler to remember the last profile set between reboots? The cooler doesn't load its profile until corsair link starts on reboots. This is an even bigger problem when booting into a different operation system e.g. linux.

I have a 4k monitor mounted above my ultrawide, in this configuration

LMMGyIB.png.

However, everytime I drag corsair link to the top monitor it immediately moves back to the lower one. The only way I'm able to move it is by using the window key+arrow shortcut, but once I interact with corsairlink in anyway it moves back to the lower monitor again.

Windows 10 Pro 1709

Corsairlink 4.9.123

Its working ok but it would be a dream if it could marry in with the motherboard manufacturers because there software is total junk ( taLKING ABOUT aORUS Z370 gAMING 7 )

one thing I did notice is that in previous versions the colours of your LED fans showed in the link software but this time they dont show any colours in the Corsair Commander section of Link

The same problem as the previous version. :sigh!:

I have a problem with the version 4.9.1.23 of the Corsair link.

I use to control my H115i on Windows 10 x64.

The problem is that, after a cold boot, CorsairLink is not automatically starting for the other user profiles in Windows.

If, after boot, I login with my user on Windows, which is the same as I used to install CorsairLink, it starts without problems.

But if the login in Windows is with another user, it does not start automatically.

How can I proceed to definitively end this problem without harming the performance of my WaterCooler on every system user?

The same problem as the previous version. :sigh!:

I have a problem with the version 4.9.1.23 of the Corsair link.

I use to control my H115i on Windows 10 x64.

The problem is that, after a cold boot, CorsairLink is not automatically starting for the other user profiles in Windows.

If, after boot, I login with my user on Windows, which is the same as I used to install CorsairLink, it starts without problems.

But if the login in Windows is with another user, it does not start automatically.

How can I proceed to definitively end this problem without harming the performance of my WaterCooler on every system user?

This is a known issue that cropped up in the last release. For some reason, Link requires Admin level permissions to auto-start. There are many posts about it if you search. I am not sure if and when Corsair plans to fix this issue. Here are a few posts about it to get you started.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=922907#

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=924683

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=923063&postcount=7

I have a 4k monitor mounted above my ultrawide, in this configuration

LMMGyIB.png.

However, everytime I drag corsair link to the top monitor it immediately moves back to the lower one. The only way I'm able to move it is by using the window key+arrow shortcut, but once I interact with corsairlink in anyway it moves back to the lower monitor again.

Windows 10 Pro 1709

Corsairlink 4.9.123

This problem, and others having to do with moving Link to a monitor other than the main monitor, has been posted about for a long time. When progam windows get moved around and resized, the program has to track and remember the X/Y coordinates and panel dinesions. This aspect of Link as been screwed up for a long time. If you search, you will find many posts about it dating back several years. AFAIK, Corsair has still not addressed this basic issue. Perhaps a Corsair rep can pipe in here and clarify their position on this. Here is one of many threads about it.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159188

Good Luck!

This is a known issue that cropped up in the last release. For some reason, Link requires Admin level permissions to auto-start. There are many posts about it if you search. I am not sure if and when Corsair plans to fix this issue. Here are a few posts about it to get you started.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=922907#

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=924683

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=923063&postcount=7

My user is administrator user and the others too.

But I will search the links that you have sent.

This problem, and others having to do with moving Link to a monitor other than the main monitor, has been posted about for a long time. When progam windows get moved around and resized, the program has to track and remember the X/Y coordinates and panel dinesions. This aspect of Link as been screwed up for a long time. If you search, you will find many posts about it dating back several years. AFAIK, Corsair has still not addressed this basic issue. Perhaps a Corsair rep can pipe in here and clarify their position on this. Here is one of many threads about it.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159188

Good Luck!

What a weird bug and your right, It certainly seems to be with the Y coordinates since when the Monitors are being used side by side instead of one above the other, it has no issues being dragged to the other monitor.

Hey, does the latest CLNP V0.5.104 firmware resolve the issue with fans spinning down to 0RPM when instructed to run at power of two RPMs like 512, 256, 1024 etc?

Can't find a changelog for the CLNP firmware anywhere :o:

I do not believe this has been fixed. Try it or perhaps a Corsair rep can confirm.

• Corsair Employee
I do not believe this has been fixed. Try it or perhaps a Corsair rep can confirm.

This hasn't been fixed yet. It requires a firmware and software update, and is scheduled to be fixed in the next firmware update (which should coincide with the next software update).

Hi all !

What about the HDD spin down problem ? Is any fix for this ?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159750

What about fan hysteresis ? It's realy needed to make stable RPM régulation, and easy to prog. Hysteresis is the base on regulation system everywhere!

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171225

It seems many many problem in this so small box (CLCP)...

Running latest Link Software: 4.9.1.23

H80i v2 Firmware: 2.8.0

I have some problems i wanna ask for:

1) "Klackering" Sounds on the Fans, when they spin up to higher rpm (Using H80i v2)

(Only at the Moment they change the Speed, it stops again when they reach the new speed)

i think i read about that once somewhere, but cannot find anything about this again.

Is there any info about that problem?

2) Not beeing able to set custom fan curves lower than 500rpm (on my Corsair Commander MINI - FW 1.1.6)

Would be nice to be able to set this lower, since i connected my chassis fans to it, where the front 200mm fan can go as low as under 300rpm

Also the H80iV2's can only go as low as 25%, while i can set as low as 15% on the Commander Mini on "Fixed %" Tab. Would love to see less % also on the H80i v2's.

Also i noticed that the Custom curves on my H80i v2's are set in % and on the Commander Mini in rpm, why i cannot set % also on the Commander Mini in Custom mode?

It has a Tab for fixed % that goes as low as 15% which is great, but doesnt allow for a curve.

3) Will the link software ever be re-compiled in 64-bit? So that i can have all my CPU Core infos listed? (Using 2 Xeons with 14cores each plus HT resulting in 56 HT Cores)

For now Link only Displays the First CPU complete and only 3 cores on the 2nd CPU

4) Please add some basic functionallities:

a) The Program should be able to store and keep its Window size, always i start Link i need to resize it, 'cause the inital window size wont fit all displayed Informations.

b) it would be nice to be able to select which Information blocks are displayed (CPU, HDD, GPU, RAM, etc.) Personally i dont need the HDD and RAM informations, it just takes up Screen Space.

b)b) As an extension of this it would be nice to be able to rearange the Position of those Blocks within the Link Window (Link would have to store this arangement of corse (see a))

Would love to hear smth back about these Problems/Ideas.

Regards

• Corsair Employee
Seems the interlocks issue introduced in the previous version, mentioned here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=921514 is unfortunately not resolved.

This will not be fixed. Breaking the interlock was necessary in order to allow us to have software playback of lighting, essential for the LL RGB fans.

Hi all !

What about the HDD spin down problem ? Is any fix for this ?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159750

What about fan hysteresis ? It's realy needed to make stable RPM régulation, and easy to prog. Hysteresis is the base on regulation system everywhere!

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171225

It seems many many problem in this so small box (CLCP)...

The HDD issue is currently being investigated. We have to reproduce it internally then report it to the developer of CPUID SDK, so this may take time.

We do have an update for fan behavior coming that should smooth things out within the next couple of months.

Running latest Link Software: 4.9.1.23

H80i v2 Firmware: 2.8.0

I have some problems i wanna ask for:

1) "Klackering" Sounds on the Fans, when they spin up to higher rpm (Using H80i v2)

(Only at the Moment they change the Speed, it stops again when they reach the new speed)

i think i read about that once somewhere, but cannot find anything about this again.

Is there any info about that problem?

This is the first I've heard of it. Define "klackering sounds."

2) Not beeing able to set custom fan curves lower than 500rpm (on my Corsair Commander MINI - FW 1.1.6)

Would be nice to be able to set this lower, since i connected my chassis fans to it, where the front 200mm fan can go as low as under 300rpm

Also the H80iV2's can only go as low as 25%, while i can set as low as 15% on the Commander Mini on "Fixed %" Tab. Would love to see less % also on the H80i v2's.

These are hardware limitations. Commander Mini and H80i V2 have no way of knowing what the minimum fan speed a fan can run at is, and so a limitation is in place to ensure fans don't stall.

Also i noticed that the Custom curves on my H80i v2's are set in % and on the Commander Mini in rpm, why i cannot set % also on the Commander Mini in Custom mode?

It has a Tab for fixed % that goes as low as 15% which is great, but doesnt allow for a curve.

These are oddball limitations of the individual hardware controllers. I've actually requested RPM/% toggles added and had it explained to me how these specific controllers function. Some use RPM, some use %, and they're not interchangeable.

3) Will the link software ever be re-compiled in 64-bit? So that i can have all my CPU Core infos listed? (Using 2 Xeons with 14cores each plus HT resulting in 56 HT Cores)

For now Link only Displays the First CPU complete and only 3 cores on the 2nd CPU

Not currently planned, but we're looking at getting Link to read beyond 16 cores. This is a bug we're aware of.

4) Please add some basic functionallities:

a) The Program should be able to store and keep its Window size, always i start Link i need to resize it, 'cause the inital window size wont fit all displayed Informations.

I can look into it, but this is the first time I've seen anyone request it.

b) it would be nice to be able to select which Information blocks are displayed (CPU, HDD, GPU, RAM, etc.) Personally i dont need the HDD and RAM informations, it just takes up Screen Space.

b)b) As an extension of this it would be nice to be able to rearange the Position of those Blocks within the Link Window (Link would have to store this arangement of corse (see a))

I haven't put in for being able to rearrange the tiles (this is trickier than it sounds), but a future version will allow you to hide specific sensors.

This is the first I've heard of it. Define "klackering sounds."

Its rattling when it speeds up, dont know how to discribe it better ?!? I already replaced the fans with other ones, which worked fine for some time but after some time those also startet to rattle permanently after a month of usage, which makes me think smth on the way the throttling is done by the software causes this, no idea how this works, cant look inside the software.

These are hardware limitations. Commander Mini and H80i V2 have no way of knowing what the minimum fan speed a fan can run at is, and so a limitation is in place to ensure fans don't stall.

Link could simply measure the min and max speeds of a connected fan by simply apliing various speeds/voltages (like it displays min and max on the on the "fixed %" tab), or have it set by the user in advanced settings. To have that basic limitation in place for noob users may be the correct way to go, so that fans dont stall, but i really wish there would be an advanced mode to allow lower rpm/% for fans that it applies to. (And having large front fans with low rpm abilities is not uncommon)

These are oddball limitations of the individual hardware controllers. I've actually requested RPM/% toggles added and had it explained to me how these specific controllers function. Some use RPM, some use %, and they're not interchangeable.

The Commander Mini uses rpm in the "Custom tab" but also offers "Fixed %", both work, and "Fixed%" goes lower, so ?!?

The fixed set range is really odd defined imo, for my front fan which is ~300-~1200 i have a setting window from 500-4000rpm on "Custom", those min-max really should be adjustable by an advanced option.

Also those differncies on the 2 types of hardware, all inconsistant, Commander mini "Fixed %" allows down to 15% (PERFECT!), rpm based settings in "Custom tab", where H80iv2 only allows down to "40%" on "Fixed %" while allowing down to 25% on "Custom tab" ... :wtfeh:

Not currently planned, but we're looking at getting Link to read beyond 16 cores. This is a bug we're aware of.

Lets all hope it helps that CPU Manufactures kinda force the software providers to update their software by now offering their new Hyperthreaded CPUs with 16+ physical cores. Some programms really need better multi-core optimizations ;)

Cant really believe noone ever encountered such a problem, might be again my unconventional resolution settings, i'm running 4K resolution with 200% scaling in Windows, this has caused some display issues with poorly written programs in the past (on my old Monitor i had 1080p with 125% scaling, many programs "fail-to-scale").

To show what i mean:

That way i close it:

06imdnn.jpg

That way it opens up again:

FIUknUC.jpg

p.S.:

This will not be fixed. Breaking the interlock was necessary in order to allow us to have software playback of lighting, essential for the LL RGB fans.

Yeah break system functionalities just to get fancy bulls... rgb ligning sh.. to work, yeah, we really need more and more and more rgb... Hope this Hype goes by fast...

Might be a good idea to spent some more time fixing the base rather than "wasting" tons of man-hours hacking in more and more fixes and workarounds for 'this' or 'that' or 'that other' rgb-hardware all day...

Disappointing, but thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

I second this request, I'm running a 3440 x 1440 resolution with custom scaling and having the window state (size) saved would be great.

Archived