Corsair Community

Corsair Link not opening up (Stays hidden)

JackNL499

Well, Corsair Link worked fine for me but it is not opening up anymore.

reinstalled multiple times deleted everything from %appdata% too. rebooted everytime. it just won't show the interface.

i have no clue what is going on. any ideas?

EDIT; This problem has been fixed by red-ray :biggrin:

Edited by JackNL499
  • Like 1

@Toasted:

Yeah CorsairLINK is in that folder. (Clean install)

@Corsair Dustin:

It is in the system tray, when i click on 'show Corsair LINK' the program icon will pop up in my taskbar but when i click it it doesn't show the interface when i hover over it with my mouse i see a little preview window of the interface (windows7) but when i hover over that preview screen nothing pops up. Like when i do that with lets say, skype it already shows it on my desktop.

It's like everything works but the interface is not showing i have no clue what is wrong. must be something in the registry?

It almost sounds like the window position is out of whack. Have you changed displays or anything recently?

You should say check WindowPosition in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\CorsairLINK, I would try setting it to 0,0 or deleting it.

Thank you for helping everyone. it's fixed by red-ray.

You should say check WindowPosition in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\CorsairLINK, I would try setting it to 0,0 or deleting it.

Thanks again red-ray.

Edited by JackNL499

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have an older H80 liquid cooler. I was poking along with corsair link 4 version 4.2 just fine. I got brave and bought a 3 pack of 120LL series RGB fans. it came with a node pro and a separate hub. I also picked up another LL120 and 2 LL140s. I got everything wired into my node pro and connected to a USB header. the link 4 software said I needed to upgrade. After upgrading the link 4 to version 4.9 I can't see the program window.

I have tried right clicking and selecting move, maximize, and adjust size from task bar.

I don't have the registry structure mentioned above but I tried adding the registry keys to no avail (not sure if it is a string, binary, d-word, qword though). nothing seems to work.

Is there any update on this problem? Has anyone else had and or fixed the problem in the newer version of link 4?

• 1 year later...

It's an annoying bug... still not fixed three years later.

But this at least reset the settings for me and worked...

Try this:

Go to C:\ProgramData\CLink4

Find the file "CLink4App.config" - make a backup of it (just in case).

Open this file in Notepad.

Find the a line that looks like the following:

<add key="ClinkSettings" value="[A Whole Bunch of Gobbledegook]" />

Delete the entire line. But just that line.

Save the file.

Start Link.

This will clear all of your settings, including preferences for temperature (F or C), background colors and the like ... but it doesn't delete your profiles. Link will re-create this when you open it.

• 3 months later...
Happened to me to. I uninstalled it making sure to check the remove configuration files box as well, and it worked right away. I didn't the first time and went to re open it again and it did the same thing. So its something to do with the configuration files that went wrong im guessing.