Corsair Community

Corsair Neutron and Neutron GTX SSDs

• 2 weeks later...
I don’t know if I share your early enthusiasm guys, I mean the controller is from an unknown start-up company self-titled Link_A_Media Enterprises (L.A.M.E.).:D:

Agreed. The company behind Sandforce is pretty big and their products are widely used yet they have lots of issues.

Look at what happened when Corsair tried putting together their own idea, Corsair Link, its a really buggy product even 6 or 7 months later. Now I'm supposed to trust my data on some drive controller they made up? L.A.M.E.

• Corsair Employee

Come on guys that's not nice and its LAMD: :roll:

In addition, Sandforce was Virtually a start up when they released their fist S-ATA Controller and to be honest they are not that big in the international sense. However, we have had good success with our SSD's and have proven to be a leading company with our SSD Products. And with the latest News from LAMD and Hynix the confidence is even greater in quality and performance if the LAMD Controller.

So I really don't think what you two have posted makes much sense other than you are disgruntled for some reason. I am sorry about that; but bashing us as a company will not get that sorted out and in fact could get you banned!

As announced on June 5, Corsair has partnered with LAMD to bring to market a new line of SSDs called the Neutron Series. The SSDs, which recently won the Tom’s Hardware “Best of Computex 2012” storage innovation award, feature an exclusive new LAMD SSD controller.

On June 19, SK Hynix announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Link_A_Media Devices (LAMD). The acquisition will not negatively impact the current agreement and relationship between the companies, nor will it affect the launch of the Neutron SSD products.

We did our homework with L A M D. ::pirate::

Haha thanks for the reply and reassurance!

Good find! I should add I I'm looking to buy a couple GTX if they get good reviews from tech sites and consumers....

Archived