Corsair Community

Hotkey switching between profiles without owning Corsair keyboard?

pdblouin

I recently went FULL-RGB and replaced the stock LED strips in my InWin A1 with Corsair strips, and got 5xLL120 fans.

All Google searches for this point to finding this option if the software detects a Corsair keyboard but I don't own one (and don't plan to, I really like my current mechanical keyboard). iCUe software only detects my Lighting Node Pro.

Would love to be able to switch between profiles with CTRL+SHIFT+Arrows, or anything really without clicking on the taskbar icon then navigating to the profile I want and clicking on it.

Maybe there's an option I'm missing? I wouldn't put it past me, I didn't know "Lighting Setup" was clickable until I googled it, I assumed it was a header.

There are even more reasons people want this now and will continue to want this for additional reasons once the Elgato integration comes out. Please focus on this in the road map corsair, to be able to change profiles from outside the application!

This isnt possible right now unless you decide to use the SDK and write your own program.

There are no public plans for Elgato, so dont expect anything. And allowing other keyboards to control iCUE would take a additional drivers to intercept the key outputs. Not really something worth their time, most people have another Corsair device of some kind.

This isnt possible right now unless you decide to use the SDK and write your own program.

There are no public plans for Elgato, so dont expect anything. And allowing other keyboards to control iCUE would take a additional drivers to intercept the key outputs. Not really something worth their time, most people have another Corsair device of some kind.

Understood but to clarify, you cannot switch profiles via sdk? If so please describe how.

I believe you can switch profiles through the SDK but I havent read enough of it to tell you step by step how.

Fair enough and I’m not trying to be a jerk but I’m pretty confident you can’t at current moment and I just want to be clear that this is a feature I would love and many others!

sdk are basically just their corsair libaries... there is no real access to the software to change it via the sdk... i tried to add motherboard and ram (from aura libary) and failed lol ... https://discordapp.com/channels/366163308941934592/366163308941934594 check these guys out they managed to get ambilight working and have a few programms where u can sync lightning... i think u should be able to switch without keyboard...

• Corsair Employee
You should be able to set up automatic profile switching at minimum with your Lighting Node PRO. When you create a profile or dive into the profile settings tab, you should be able to see an option to tie it to a software executable. If you tie a profile to an executable, it'll automatically switch to that profile and change the lighting based on what you set up in that particular profile when the designated program is in focus.

Archived