Corsair Community

LL120, black or white ones?

dragoneti

Hello everybody!

I'm looking to replace my aio 360 push/pull (6 of them) fans with corsair LL120 ones to match the rest of my system (has another 4x LL140) and corsair ecosystem (memory, keyboard, mouse, power supply etc).

The best ones when it comes to looks would be the black ones as they would fit the pc theme better but i see that corsair itself chooses to utilize the stronger (spec wise) white ones to their aio.

Would the black ones do the job or go for the white ones even thou they would be somewhat off color wise??? (My cpu is an Intel I7 8700k for now)

And another question is there a prediction wherever corsair would introduce some more 360 and 280 aio? Platinum (and platinum se)?

The only difference is the maximum speed. If you don't intend to run your LL120s at 2000 rpm, there is no performance difference. Both fans move the same amount of air at 1300 or whatever other RPM.

The white frame models do reflect more light and appear brighter or even slightly different in color hue, but it sounds like the rest of your case is black and the white would not necessarily be an asset. 6 LL fans is plenty of light anyway.