The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 AM
lamiricore's PC Specs

POST ID # = 502099
lamiricore Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamiricore View Post
Hello

I have exactly the same problem that people describe before. I've got this problem when i play to BBC2 and i'm audio chating whith mumble (but got the problem whitouht mumble). The sound can switch right/left and i sometime heard pop and crackling. It don't have this problem when listening music or watching movies.
I'll try to disable my usb device (philips SPC520NC webcam) but i got a logitech usb keyboard and mouse that i can't disconnect And i 've got a xbox 360 joypad that i use too in the game.

Hope this will fix the problem because it's really annoying.

PS: my onboard soundcard is a realtek

I would like to add quick things about what I try that may help developper of corsair to find us a fix.

So with my desktop PC i've got problems i already talk about (swith L/R, pop, crack). when I play BBC2. This happen whether i got corsair or windows driver installer.

So i decided to try my headset on another configuration. I have a macbook pro (core i5) on which i made a windows 7 64bit installation. I put corsair driver on it and then i play BBC2. I play about one hour with 5.1 activated in the corsair panel and the sound was perfect. no pop, no crack sound and no L/R switch.

So my first guess is that is not a headset issue. So a RMA would not fix the problem.
This is probably a hardware conflict on my desktop pc. But which on? Is a driver could fix this? I don't know... Hope the staff corsair would find a quick solution.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:26 AM

POST ID # = 513971
SFade Reputation: 10

Raising this thread from the (relatively) dead, as I've picked up a set of HS1 recently while doing a headset roundup and ran smack dab into this same issue.

Symptom/Issue:
Channel reversal in all modes (2ch, quad, 5.1, 7.1)
May also include heavy lean towards right channel with some reversal and/or a momentary clicking and popping when occuring. May also snap back to normal and reoccur multiple times.

Method of replication to reproduce symptom reliably:

Start a demanding game and play, alt tabbing will generally help reproduce the glitch quicker but is not necessary for it to occur. Was able to reproduce with a number of titles but the games which reproduced the problems most reliably were Eve Online and Left 4 Dead 2. Usually the first occurance would be within a matter of minutes.

Edit Update: Fired them back to Amazon and purchased something else with next day shipping. The hassle of fiddling the things for two days, reinstalling my OS, and the time it would take to RMA is just not worth it.
Loved the sound reproduction of the things, but the software is horrendous. My advice to anyone looking at these is to stick with the 3.5mm version and go with a different internal/usb sound card or risk running into issues with the completely stagnant drivers. Software doesn't appear to be Corsairs strong suit.

Last edited by SFade; 07-19-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Update

Old 07-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 514023
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I would try and go to Device manager and disable the on board sound and see if that issue is resolved, and please let me know your system configuration and driver versions installed.

Some have got around the issue by using a PCI USB card FYI and we are looking into the issue.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 PM

POST ID # = 532400
nomnompie Reputation: 10

Hi all...

I found this thread by searching google. I have this exact same issue.. First time it happened I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was doing so bad in games lol.

I also have the channels reverse on me, left and right, but also front and back reverse as well. Usually toggling dolby mode on and off fixes it but not all the time. Odd that people say it is with general microsoft drivers too, unless MS is downloading the "official" driver without the software that goes along with it.

Really is a shame because I bought these to have something more comfortable than my Logitech G35's but it is impossible to not lose my wits with the sound constantly reversing..

Was wondering if this is still being looked into?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 532405

Yes of course we are and have you tied any of the steps out lined in this thread?

Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Augustus2000's PC Specs

POST ID # = 532428
Augustus2000 Reputation: 10

I have the same issue with the channels. I tried everything also to stop the channels from reversing.
I have to unplug and replug them to set it back. Contact tech dept and get a RMA. They are very prompt... Give Corsair a chance to resolve the issue. I am sending the set to them tomorrow.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:02 PM

POST ID # = 532445
nomnompie Reputation: 10

Thanks for the reply Ram Guy. It is cool to see active support on a forum like this. :-)

I have my onboard sound disabled via the bios so I don't think it has to do with that. I must admit however that I haven't tried everything. But reading some of the other posts I'm not sure what other things to try that would be of any help.

One thing I would wonder though is, is everybody having issues using the same operating system? One guy mentioned using a mac and there were no issues?

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit. What's everyone else got?

Also Ram Guy, I'll be straight up, not sure if it helps or not, but in my PC I have installed:

a logitech usb headset with generic drivers
logitech g35 headset
creative tactic 3d alpha headset
sound blaster x fi titanium fatal1ty sound card
realtek alc 888 onboard sound (disabled in bios)
amd radeon 5850 vid card
amd phenom x4 955 black edition

Based on other replies I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything but generally I can see how multiple audio device drivers can conflict, seen it before, but based on other replies I saw no indication that it should necessarily be an issue with the HS1.

If anyone else can chime in with what they got maybe we can determine a pattern with hardware/software and help the corsair guys figure it out.

I will monkey around with some stuff as well and try to do it in a systematic manner and report back.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 AM
vohk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 532512
vohk Reputation: 10

@nomnompie:

My first suggestion would be to try disabling all of your other audio devices in device manager (or going through one by one) and testing if the problem sticks around. Easy enough to enable them again after and a driver conflict seems to be the most common issue. If I had to guess, I'd start with the Sound Blaster card. I've seen those have issues with conflicts in several other cases.

In my case it was a Behringer 1/4"-USB input. Windows 7 64bit, only other audio device is the on board Realtek soundcard.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had this particular issue resolved by an RMA? (Not counting a swap for the analog version)

Old 10-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 532663

There will be a newer driver available but at this time I do not have an ETA on its release all I can tell you is that it is in qualification at this time.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:58 AM

POST ID # = 539924
shrty Reputation: 10

The problem still exists with the new V1.1 drivers.

I've decided to stick with my TWO hs1 headsets and wait till new drivers comes available to fix this issue. It should be prioritized corsair! So many people have the same issue, and we all should know it isn't hardware related.

What kind of applications do you other guys use? (To see if we could find some similarities)

My system:

Windows 7 64 bit (all updates).

Applications running:

Windows Defender
Mumble
Ventrilo
Origin
Chrome
Corsair Headset Control Panel
Spotify
Digsby
Tversity Media Server
PS3 Media Server

Problem occurs while playing:
Battlefield 3
Heroes of Newerth

(and even watching a movie with VLC)

Old 11-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 540076

Please post the hardware configuration and if you have the on-board audio enabled or not.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:53 AM

POST ID # = 540152

After stumbling over this http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...175#post527175 I tried shutting down Skype and Microsoft Lync.

I forgot to mention Skype and Lync in my running application list.

So far so good.
I will reply later today whether it still works or not.

My hardware configuration:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3
Corsair Value S. DDR3 1333MHz 2GB CL9
Gainward GeForce GTX 460 1GB PhysX CUDA
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
Crucial m4 SSD 2,5" 128GB
Antec Six Hundred Midi Tower Sort
Cooler Master GX 750W PSU

Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard Pan-Nordic

My on-board audio is currently disabled.

Appreciate your time and patience RAM GUY! :-)

Old 11-08-2011, 02:50 PM

POST ID # = 540230

Nope, error still occurs, and I haven't played any games today. (watched some youtube videos).

Some of the videos would constantly swap between left and right when I balanced all sound to the right ear. I would hear "stuttering sounds", just like if it turn to left/right/left/right/left/right continuously.

this is SO annoying :(

Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 540773

Can you tell me all of the audio related applications that are running when you heard that sound? And what browser were you using the watch the you tube Video

Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 AM

POST ID # = 540820

Ram Guy

I have answered you by e-mail.

I know there are not only me with this specific problem. I will post my/our solution in the board if it get solved by other methods than re-installing Windows.